BROKER - Film Teaser Trailer | 75th Cannes Film Festival Nominee

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Looks great just based on the trailer.

Wonder how long it will take before its available online?

Hope it does hit Netflix or Viki.. after the first theatrical run.

More than IU or Koreeda's success for themselves, I want to see it succeed in the West with lot of media about IU being a Kpop singer, to enjoy Whyknock's reaction- Schadenfreude :)

• Hope it does hit Netflix or Viki.. after the first theatrical run.

More than IU or Koreeda's success for themselves, I want to see it succeed in the West with lot of media about IU being a Kpop singer, to enjoy Whyknock's reaction- Schadenfreude :)

Doesnt strike me as the typical blockbuster movie, so im not expecting much regarding that. As long as the movie is actually good im happy.

Netflix would be nice, but who knows with CJ enterainment, dont they own some competing streaming service?

• Doesnt strike me as the typical blockbuster movie, so im not expecting much regarding that. As long as the movie is actually good im happy.

Netflix would be nice, but who knows with CJ enterainment, dont they own some competing streaming service?

Well was 'Parasite' considered a commercial film, I don't know?

But I was not implying commercial blockbuster, but rather critical hit with lot of media attention.

• Hope it does hit Netflix or Viki.. after the first theatrical run.

Given Koreeda's films tend to do poorly on the box office, and this is a Japanese film using Korean as the language, I don't see a big box office for this one.

However it did include Lee Jieun singing a lullaby in Korean(original music is from Mozart and it is kinda well known in Korea), so it is clear Koreeda is aware of her career aas a singer.

• Given Koreeda's films tend to do poorly on the box office, and this is a Japanese film using Korean as the language, I don't see a big box office for this one.

However it did include Lee Jieun singing a lullaby in Korean(original music is from Mozart and it is kinda well known in Korea), so it is clear Koreeda is aware of her career aas a singer.

Well, there is always a first time for anything.

In any case, it is more about recognition at this point than the ticket sales, which Cannes will provide, particularly if it wins the D'or.

Smart of IU not to have gone for the lead role, Given the big hitters in the cast, of it succeeds, she benefits; if not, she is insulated behind the big names.

I wonder if she has sung OST for this or Dream.

• When is the festival in cannes, next month? I assume we will be getting reviews then?

I wonder if she has sung OST for this or Dream.

I doubt it, she doesnt seem to keen on doing that and probably for the better, kinda breaks the 4th wall in a way and she already has to work hard to make people forget she's IU to begin with, i dont think having a song by her being played in the movie/drama helps much with that.

• When is the festival in cannes, next month? I assume we will be getting reviews then?

I doubt it, she doesnt seem to keen on doing that and probably for the better, kinda breaks the 4th wall in a way and she already has to work hard to make people forget she's IU to begin with, i dont think having a song by her being played in the movie/drama helps much with that.

Yes, she didn't do any for her recent dramas either, did she?

No official OST for My Mister or HDL

Just lyrics and associated songs.

Not for Scarlet Heart either, if I recollect right.

The Producers, Bel Ami and Dream High had her singing.

• She only sang an OST for Crash Landing on You because its author was the one for the Producers series, which made her into a real actress.

I think till the Producers she didn't have the power to not sing songs in her dramas, but from Scarlet Heart, which began to use Lee JIeun as her moniker while she is acting, she began to separate herself as an actress from her ego as a singer.

• She only sang an OST for Crash Landing on You because its author was the one for the Producers series, which made her into a real actress.

I think till the Producers she didn't have the power to not sing songs in her dramas, but from Scarlet Heart, which began to use Lee JIeun as her moniker while she is acting, she began to separate herself as an actress from her ego as a singer

Yet another cockamamie theory.

You have no objective evidence, but simply fitting the pattern as it fits your narrative.

If she wasn't into singing while acting, then why bother composeling songs associated with the dramas.

Both Next Stop during and Dear Moon for My Mister.

I think 'You' during Scarlet Heart.

Think "Happy Ending" for HDL.

That they were'nt part of the OST might, could have any number of reasons, including her choice to separate her careers.

But who is fooled by that, it is as useless as Suga being Agust D.

• Lee Ji-eun clearly said that she wants to separete her singing and acting careers tho, it's not even a theory but a fact :pepe-notes:

source: trust me bro

• Lee Ji-eun clearly said that she wants to separete her singing and acting careers tho, it's not even a theory but a fact :pepe-notes:

source: trust me bro

She will no more succeed in it, unless she gives up one entirely,. Like Jang Nara did.

Look at how many people who say, "saw her in X drama, then found she was a singer and now am a fan"

So whatever professional reasons she might have to keep two different profiles, at least with public perception it will not work.

"Hannah Montana" isn't reality, bro.

• Premiere on June 8

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Neon, CJ ENM Buy Kore-eda Hirokazu’s ‘Broker’ Ahead of Cannes Debut
    Neon has teamed with CJ ENM to acquire North American distribution rights to “Broker,” the new film from writer and director Kore-eda Hirokazu. The deal was…
    variety.com

So North American distribution signed up, hope they do a good job.

It would be interesting if Broker gets accolades, then Marvel starts advertising for Park Seo Joon, and Dream gets N American push, Money Game succeeds - if they all come together,

Lee Ji Eun might amp her recognition quite a lot in the West and WhyKnock will go bonkers.

• Not really since the time she spends on filming is time she is not interfering with KPop's worldwide advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!