Do You Prefer PlayStation Or Xbox

• I have, and always will prefer Playstation. I'm huge on JRPGs that have only been released on the platform.

That's one of the few things Microsoft has always struggled, getting Japanese developers to jump into their ecosystem. While a lot of JRPGs now are multi-platform, there is still no close parity between consoles.

• PS for me because they have the better exclusiv in my eyes but it's doesn't matter because Microsoft and Sony are trying two different things with the console. Sony want to sell PS5 as much as possible and one way are the exclusive so they care more for nummers of PS5 they sell. Microsoft want the consumer get easier access to the games they have and this is the reason why they make the xbox series S. They will make their money mostly with the Game Pass.

• That's one of the few things Microsoft has always struggled, getting Japanese developers to jump into their ecosystem. While a lot of JRPGs now are multi-platform, there is still no close parity between consoles.

Exactly - and even though things are taking a turn towards more cross-compatibility - I think the damage has already been done with long term players, and most won't switch over so easily. I've had a PS since the original, and every console since then, and I for one am not going to change just because of cross compatibility. At least they're making some progress now, but man back in the day it was rough.

• Exactly - and even though things are taking a turn towards more cross-compatibility - I think the damage has already been done with long term players, and most won't switch over so easily. I've had a PS since the original, and every console since then, and I for one am not going to change just because of cross compatibility. At least they're making some progress now, but man back in the day it was rough.

Very rough. Aside from Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Last Remnant, I can't think of any other JRPGs in the 360 era. Xbone fared better but still there were holds out like the Persona series.

Yeah as of late last year, there's like 110+ million PS4 users. With that kind of install base, a lot of those folks just won't jump ship for no reason. Unless Sony does something terribly dumb, it's safe to say they'll enjoy their lead over Microsoft in the immediate future.

JRPGs aside, Microsoft still has to prove themselves in the AAA singe player space. Sony have Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima and while MS have acquired a ton of devs and they still have long-standing franchises like Gears and Halo, it would still take years to build an impressive portfolio like Sony's.

• I just remembered how my first impression of you was that you were the guy who liked video games and suggested you help out that one user who was asking for game suggestions.

Yep and I eventually suspected said user to be a spammer :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!