Is bullying in Korea an epidemic?

• We've always known it's been trendy in Korea to bully but lately it seems no company can debut a kpop group without at least one member being accused of bullying or actually being bullied themselves with false accusations.

Where are the Teachers and parents? Do kids just have free reign to do whatever the hell they want like in Boys Over Flowers and The Heirs? Or maybe shows like these are encouraging the problem.

I figured kids are so busy with their studies they wouldn't even have time for bullying.

Who's to blame?

• maybe it is but why are you asking in a kpop forum catered towards mainly non-koreans here lol

I mean I know like maybe 1/2 dozen koreans who come on this site but besides them???

• maybe it is but why are you asking in a kpop forum catered towards mainly non-koreans here lol

I mean I know like maybe 1/2 dozen koreans who come on this site but besides them???

Asking Koreans won't help either apparently. They act like it doesn't even exist.

• Asking Koreans won't help either apparently. They act like it doesn't even exist.

maybe bullying isn't as big thing over there as it is (I can only speak for myself and Australia) here...

growing up I was bullied heavily and the teachers didn't do a damn thing about it...but I do know that these days bullying in schools is taken seriously and teachers actually get training in dealing with bullying - physical, physiological and cyber so maybe they don't have that level of awareness or training for the teachers to deal with it

• bullying is an epidemic everywhere

Problem is people who just have kids but dont actually want to take the time to raise their kids properly or discipline them.

Also school systems are so bad at handling bullying. They cant kick bullies out bc eVeRyoNe hAs rIgHt to eDucATion. They completely ignore the fact that bullies ruin education for other kids.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!