Imagine getting no lines in a song.

• It's kind of funny, like when your recording the song do you just walk in the recording booth and then walk out? You guys know the papers with the lyrics on it that idols use when recording songs right? So like imagine your an idol and you look at your name and your lines and all you get to sing is "Bureul jipyeora" or your whole career you only sing for 24 seconds. Why even be an idol if people dont even remember you because you barely ever sing and on top of that your in a group of like 8 other people and you barely get paid because the money has to go through 7 other people now that's robbery at its finest.

The worst is when a member of the group produced the songs and that one member of the group keeps getting no lines over and over again. And you cant say "She/He doesn't speak korean" or "They aren't the best singer" first of all the Korean thing could get by if they just debuted but not if they're a 5 year old group already and why would the company debut them if they cant sing? The shade is real. :pepe-tea:

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• My fave gets all the lines in his songs

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Although I HATE IT

The issue is some members can't sing as well or hold a note. I am sorry to say this.

Singing in the chorus should be enough for them

This is why you have to think of the bigger picture

Some of these idols who don't get lines are visuals or doing more outside of the music side

If they are not then I AM SORRY i don't know why they are still there, unless you dance well i guess

Not having lines in 1 or 2 songs is fine when you have multiple albums but in every song .. one would need to take the hint or go get training

I have seen people have less lines or none but it wasn't because of language barrier or other things ( as fans made excuses) It was because they had the weakest vocals. THAT IS THE REALITY most of the time

• I get your point but I beg to differ.

Sometimes a certain member's vocals just don't fit the song. They might get more lines on a song that their agency feels that their vocals suit more. Imagine hearing a good song that gets ruined by a member who doesn't have the right voice.

It isn't even like the member is useless either. They might have really good visuals or they might contain charisma that their company takes advantage of. These factors can attract stans which would equal money for the company. So even if an idol can't sing or rap, it doesn't really matter from a business standpoint.

• I would wonder if the situation was because of underperforming vocals. Sistar's "Give It To Me" pops into mind. Although they made it work for all the members, they could have easily just given the singing parts to two members. There is one current group with parts spread across all the members at the expense of some of their songs. So I guess what serves the song best isn't always the top priority.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!