A new study has found that mothers who earn more than their husbands still do the lion’s share of the housework

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not surprised, thats basically my friend's marriages. They earn more, cook more, clean more.

Marriage isnt beneficial to women but they still marry bc they want babies and society judges single moms.

• Dude what? What's the excuse for this? Lazy assholes

According to the article the excuse is that women earning more emasculate the men, so men want their wives to do more housework so they feel like a man again.

Throw that in the garbage pls

• the women should find better husbands

or dont marry when there isnt anyone good around 8)

• the women should find better husbands

Also, who does more housework selfmate? lmao

• ahhh yes but sometimes a person's nature isn't revealed until marriage life sets in...

honestly I do

tbh unless I marry a CEO or sth, I will likely earn more than any guy I will meet.

I would resent cleaning up after someone else regardless of who earns more or less.

• tbh unless I marry a CEO or sth, I will likely earn more than any guy I will meet.

I would resent cleaning up after someone else regardless of who earns more or less.

I think the issue is communication

I've always said that in relationships whether marriage or otherwise communication is very important...

and housework is just one of another thing to have good communication in...

for example in my own I really dislike vacuuming and cleaning and I don't do that my wife does because I've told her numerous occasions that I just don't like doing it but dishwashing is exclusively my territory I can listen to my "noise music" (kpop) whilst washing the dishes lol

• gonna be honest

this thread reminds me of the anime titled

"the way of the househusband"

like no matter how shitty I gonna be

if the gal of the house gonna be the breadwinner, I'll gladly hold down the fort lol

more or less ticking off the things that need accomplished.

• not surprised, thats basically my friend's marriages. They earn more, cook more, clean more.

Marriage isnt beneficial to women but they still marry bc they want babies and society judges single moms.

It be like that

especially older generation judges the women who don't cook and clean like crazy very harshly but they are failing to realise these women are no longer housewives and they have the same workload (if not bigger) as their husbands with their full time jobs

• My grandpa cooked for me 22 years. :pepelove1: And I can't cook. :pepe-peek: My mom always tell me learn to cook if not no men will like you. Well guess if they really love me they won't care if I can cook or not, isn't it? 8o

anyways I am planning to learn to cook not for feminity but for independence

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!