[NB] Winner's Song Minho confesses to struggling with mental illnesses

• Screenshot_4.jpg

Article: Song Min Ho confesses to suffering from panic disorder and bipolar disorder "I feel like I'm going to die, it gets hard to breathe"

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+261] Mino ㅜ he always seemed so bright, I had no idea at all ㅜㅜㅜ

2. [+170] I hope the Winner members don't read the comment

3. [+86] Find strength!!! 😢😢😢😢😢

4. [+83] I understand a hundred, thousand times over... ㅜㅜ

5. [+175] I'm a 63 year old fan and I feel so bad 😢 Please make sure your heart is comfortable. Life's not that big of a deal. Be grateful for being alive in the moment, be grateful for the people around you, and you will find happiness 🤴🙆‍♂️🙏

6. [+100] What's up with some of the comments. He's confessing to going through struggles, why would you bring up the army and this and that...;; I can't imagine how difficult it must've been for him to hide his mental illnesses because he's a celebrity... Mino fighting..

7. [+5] The fact that the other members didn't know means he really suffered in silence, and it must've been so hard for him to bring it up like this... Just look at some of these comments, no wonder he suffers from panic disorders. Why are people like this?

8. [+159] Wow... I can now see why he would have panic disorders. Some of these comments here are accusing him of lying about his mental illnesses so that he can build a framework to get an exemption from army service. Sometimes being a celebrity seems like such a lonely life, even with all that money that they make.

9. [+31] Every life has a story... Celebrities don't live a normal life, and I'm sure there were times where he had to keep going without rest no matter how difficult things got for him. I hope he learns to take a break and reflect on the things that make him happy, even something as simple as writing in a diary. Don't think too deeply about life. Just live simply, day by day, to the best of your ability 👏

10. [+19] Mino has never said he didn't want to serve in the army so why are comments being so mean ㅡㅡ

11. [+15] You'll feel better once you enlist in the army, Mino-ya ㅠ

12. [+15] I heard celebrities feel extremely empty when they go home at the end of the day. Especially for singers, after holding a large concert.

13. [+13] I read that basically the entire celebrity industry suffers from some type of mental illness. It's so bad with idols that producers basically assign a therapist to each idol and talk with them every day. It's especially gotten worse with the pandemic...

14. [+58] But you're still going to serve in the army, right~~?

15. [+9] You'll feel better when you go to the army. Even your best friend PO is serving in the marines ㅡㅡ

Source

• im glad so many people are supporting him through this. <3

• IDK why comments keep bringing up enlistment, If he was talking about a physical illness people would have been alot more supportive

Also enlistment tend to have polar opposite effect on people struggling with mental illness. It could be healing time for some but extremely damaging for some others. There is no guarantee it will help him.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's really infuriating that some knetz still minimize mental illness as an excuse to avoid serving in the military or working. At least that's how I interpreted those comments that kept bringing up the military even though it wasn't even relevant.

As someone with very well controlled Bipolar Disorder, I still would NOT want me in any military unit because I'm more susceptible to stress, trauma, and emotional dysregulation and that doesn't help me or my fellow soldiers. It just pisses me off that mental illness is viewed as a sign of poor character of someone who wants to neglect their responsibility. It's so regressive./rant

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!