Just for a new version of an album that has been out for 3 months, BTS has sold almost 500k on technically its first day on Hanteo, 6th highest 1st day of all time ....

• Its the 6th highest 1st day of all time (BTW bts own the entire top 3 as well).... and its literally just a different version of BE, literally just a new album version with 0 new musical content.

Overall BE has now sold over

2,363,668 for the deluxe on Hanteo and 490,272 for the essential edition.

This means that the deluxe has now sold 2.85M on Hanteo alone

It also means that BE has at least passed 3,21M albums on Gaon, 2.7M for deluxe + at least 490k for essential

That number alone would put BE as the 3rd best selling album on Gaon only behind MOTS:7 and MOTS: Persona, with only 2 versions (1 being $50, and the other being released 3 months after release).

Note: This essential number is only 1st day + is hanteo, its likely that the Gaon number will go beyond this number as BTS normally have a decently sized hanteo-gaon gap.

Also BTSs 4th biggest 1st day behind... MOTS:7, BE (Deluxe Edition) and MOTS: Persona.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BE takes up 2/4 of BTSs biggest 1st days lmao on hanteo even with a new version of an album lmaooo!

They did that with just a new album version LMAO. they are physical monsters!!! :pepe-toast::pepe-toast::pepe-toast:

Also:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1 new album version of a 3 month old album did THAT!

• As an army I just want to ask, is everyone splurging the money for their rent on these or are y'all taking out loans to buy albums and still pay your bills? O_o

I have put off buying it to get it after moving but I plan only buying one :sweatr1: (unless someone buys extras for photocards again and does another free, just pay for shipping on my reddit chat. Then I will just pay for one that way as I do not collect photocards anymore)

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• BTS's selling power has no competitors.

By the way, BE is now not only the 3rd best selling album on Gaon, but 3rd best selling Korean album overall ever, surpassing the official numbers Kim Gunmo (2 860 000)!

• BTS really hold the Top 3 and I think thats kinda sexy~

And sooner or later they will have top 4, Answer only has a bit more than 100k to 4th place! Thats without considering BTS's next albums. Im sure they'll have the whole top 5 or even top 10 eventually.

• Oh that's good! I thought it will maybe sell as much as SLA special edition but it will likely sell more since the sales are already close to 500 k and that's just Hanteo.

yeah. we will see how much it continues to sell throughout the week. Hanteo updates when albums finally ship from stores I think. (e.g. for SLA special edition re release, it recorded 600k GAON sales in October, its hanteo sales in october were around 180k but were more than 400k in november, but was not in the top 100 in november for gaon. this means that the hanteo sales in november were already from the 600k gaon shipments sent out). The reason I mentioned all this is cause at least in the US, anyone who is buying from Amazon has a shipping date in March currently, meaning that while their numbers will count likely for gaons first month, they probably won't count for hanteo until they are shipped in march.

Basically, I think the essential edition will sell more than SLA special edition as well. And thats with it literally just being a new version of an album that we already have lmao

• I guess the Armys that didn’t buy deluxe are buying now cos honestly I am shook at the numbers.

Same. there are lots of things to consider with this. Many people who forked out the money to buy the deluxe, probably might not buy this cause they already have the deluxe and its lots of money to have both when there isn't an addition of musical content with this essential edition release. Another thing is the delay from amazon US being in march + many european armys taking a stand against sony for raising prices too much. Also I think some UK Armys are iffy about buying it if they already have the deluxe cause the essential isn't counting towards UK charts.

• I guess the Armys that didn’t buy deluxe are buying now cos honestly I am shook at the numbers.

Thats true!! i didnt buy the deluxe cause it was a bit pricey and now buying essential. I know some army who are doing the same.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!