Yg should keep making groups with less members

• One of the strength of groups from Yg is they usually popular among locals and even non kpop fans. I think one of the reason is they have small size group that every members can easily to recognize and shine. And they're the only company that I can name all the members from all of their groups even I don't stan any of them. Even Winner and iKon were pretty popular back then.

Their new bg, Treasure are their biggest groups so far with 12 members. It is not that the boys are not good. They sell good but locals and Knetz seems not interested in them like they do with their seniors. And even among kpop fans, only one or two members that people know which not like what Yg used to be. I do hope their ngg didn't have more than 6 members especially seeing how small size groups doing much better like I've, Aespa and Itzy and people can remember all the girls easier.

So, whose alt are you to have the courage to come in the main forum instaed of the usual shades in anons, to say such bs. Treasure is perfect, if only sk gave them a chance they would fall in love with this group.

And no, no other 4th gen bg got so much more interest than treasure.

I really wonder what are antis smoking nowadays.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by WBSBGos ().

• they building up the courage now I see. :pepe-hehe:

always here writing nonsense when they don't know how to spend their time.

So pathetic

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• YG have always had a very big focus on individuality, which is also why their groups usually do well in the West right from the start: western people and esp Americans favor individuality extremely, which is why solo artists are the norm and American pop groups hardly exist or split up within a few years. So the smaller group, the better, add to that YG's hiphop style that fits neatly into the American one, and it's a done deal.

YG's management, production and release approach also fits smaller groups: due to YG's choices and limited production resources, YG groups have far less content and far fewer comebacks and other activities.

Which works fine with small groups but is a killer for larger groups that need more exposure and presence for all the many members to be known and people familiarising themselves with all the individual members.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• YG have always had a very big focus on individuality, which is also why their groups usually do well in the West right from the start: western people and esp Americans favor individuality extremely, which is why solo artists are the norm and American pop groups hardly exist or split up within a few years. So the smaller group, the better, add to that YG's hiphop style that fits neatly into the American one, and it's a done deal.

YG's management, production and release approach also fits smaller groups: due to YG's choices and limited production resources, YG groups have far less content and far fewer comebacks and other activities.

Which works fine with small groups but is a killer for larger groups that need more exposure and presence for all the many members to be known and people familiarising themselves with all the individual members.

And that's why Treasure got so much more content than other YG artists

Are you living under rock in the past 2 years or something? Let me show you what we're getting from Treasure since they made their debut.

Example.png

One of them is a +5 yo group with 396 videos while other one is a +2 yo group with 415 videos.

Stop saying YG is that YG is this. They have different groups with different teams, strategies, concepts etc.

I'm not saying YG's strategy with Blackpink is a smart one. I hate it. But Blackpink is a group that Yg focuses on exclusivity and individual strength while focusing on different fields to promote them.

On the other hand YG is promoting Treasure as a fandom based idol group with focus on more variety content and constant releases not only as music releases but web drama, variety show, covers and more.

And for the op,

Seriously people need to realize that KPOP industry is changing. KOREA is NOT interested in bgs like before and even if they catch a bird with their mouths, Korea will continue to ignore them. On the other hand ggs don't even need to try to get their attention. The only thing that matters rn is the fandom if you wanna have some success in Korea as a bg.

4th gen bgs are facing all this shit rn. And on top of that like it's not enough already, Treasure made their debut at a time that gp literally gave up on YG. After all those scandals, you should be even surprised that Treasure is going head to head with other big 4th gen bgs rn.

People tried to drag Treasure down with their album sales, they failed. They tried to do it with numbers, they failed. Now this? At least use your main account to drag Treasure down rather than hiding behind your alts...

• it's more because of the competitions than the numbers of members. i doubt even iKON or Winner could get any bigger than Treasure if they had debuted now. Back then people still trusted YG, now they don't and we know it's all thanks to who.

• Among all yg groups of present he mostly fucked of ikon and bp and winner seems to be decent discography and solo content for ikon they came 3 times 2018 when love scneriona was huge hit after that he just leave them for bp it's worse but I hope he change his tactics for treasure though

• I highly doubt the group size is the problem. The GP aren’t interested in big groups in general like that anymore, cuz even new 4-7 member BGs aren’t that big

And I don’t like the notion of how YG should keep the same formula with their groups forever while everyone else has to do something different. It’s giving double standard, even if unintentionally

• technically from a financial perspective...all trainees would want to debut in a group with less members...

ceteris paribus a smalle group means each member get more of the pie

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!