I have a new favourite soloist!

• since LOONA's predebut solos raised my expectations so high, no one else has been able to satisfy me.....until today

I'm not a huge blackpink fan ( although my username is misleading )

and I wasnt a huge fan of Rose either

sure she's really pretty but her voice was a tad bit too nasally for my taste

but then On The Ground came out

and I warmed up to her voice

it wasnt the best overall but it was perfect for her style of singing

and it was a great song overall

but today I came across this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

aaaaaaaaand I think I'm in love

this is the perfect sound for her

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• good for you my friend...

it's never too late to discover new artists and new songs

check out her latest covers that she did on her birthday and her covers on sea of hope

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yess i love gone so much!

rose just has such an attractive voice and that style suits her so much i love it

• Been listening to this ALOT

• Been listening to this ALOT

nice

also the shrillness here is a lot more toned down

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Her style of singing was definitely different from what she does with blackpink. I think she has also improved with her singing and found the right balance with nasal sounds after all the criticism she got. But there will always be some of that bcs of her australian accent. Her early singing without any sort of vocal training is a good example.

• Her style of singing was definitely different from what she does with blackpink. I think she has also improved with her singing and found the right balance with nasal sounds after all the criticism she got. But there will always be some of that bcs of her australian accent. Her early singing without any sort of vocal training is a good example.

yeah i guess the nasalness is just part of her voice

its okay though

some singers really make it work and she's found her style

Kim Lip has some of the most beautiful vocals I've ever heard and she has a nasal voice too

she just makes it work in her own style

u r m o m g a y

• Eventhough I really like OTG and Gone, I feel like she has way more potential than she shows in those two songs.

i love all her covers here, for example, the songs she covered did better at showcasing her beautiful tone than in her two solo songs imo

hearing Taeyeon new album, I also felt like some of her songs would fit Rosé tone so much (like Can't Control Myself, Set Myself on Fire or No Love Again). I would really like to see what her full album would sound like (it may take awhile for this to happen tho :pepe-sad: )

• Eventhough I really like OTG and Gone, I feel like she has way more potential than she shows in those two songs.

i love all her covers here, for example, the songs she covered did better at showcasing her beautiful tone than in her two solo songs imo

hearing Taeyeon new album, I also felt like some of her songs would fit Rosé tone so much (like Can't Control Myself, Set Myself on Fire or No Love Again). I would really like to see what her full album would sound like (it may take awhile for this to happen tho :pepe-sad: )

depends on what you mean by potential

i dont consider her a mainstream power vocalist

her songs maximize her style and vocal colour the best imo

way more than the rest of the songs in that video

u r m o m g a y

Can't control myself would suit Rosé so much true but she is completely different singer from taeyeon. She knows it too and that's why she picks rock/alternative songs for covers.

• i dont consider her a mainstream power vocalist

me neither

Can't control myself would suit Rosé so much true but she is completely different singer from taeyeon. She knows it too and that's why she picks rock/alternative songs for covers.

i know but while listening to those songs, I was surprised that Rosé came immediately to my mind, so I just had to mention it :p :P

andddd what i mean by potential is that even though she is a completely different singer from taeyeon, as you mention, I think the one thing they have in common is that their greatest strength as singers is the emotion they both can convey with their voice and that's why i think those covers did better at relating that than her two songs (which i do love, please, don't misundertand).

of course...eventually she will do great with that voice of hers...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!