Japan to let in foreign workers and students starting this month

• Japan to let in foreign workers and students starting this month

Schools and companies will be expected to supervise travelers coming in under their sponsorship, and visitors will be asked to self-isolate after entering the country.

The looser restrictions on business travelers will apply to both short-term business trips and long-term relocation. The government will prioritize researchers and engineers, as well as workers who provide a "public benefit."

Japan had previously begun allowing a handful of government-sponsored foreign students into the country. This broader reopening will give priority to students who cannot graduate without in-person classes in Japan.

Cutting quarantine periods to three days or less from seven days is under consideration. To qualify, travelers, both Japanese and foreign nationals, will have to have received a vaccine booster and have been tested for COVID-19. The government plans to simplify the required paperwork and the screening process.

A decision will be made as early as next week based on how coronavirus cases are trending.

more

Japan to let in foreign workers and students starting this month
    Loosening of COVID border controls follows pressure at home and abroad
    asia.nikkei.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it was about time

this video sums the whole situation up very nicely

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• everyone should just open borders. Zero covid won't work with the ever more contagious variants and building up immunity via vaccines and spreading it is the only viable long-term solution unless you plan to stay isolated for the next decade or so. Which is ridiculous.

• ...and building up immunity via vaccines and spreading it...

spreading it is how you get people killed.

Vaccines work and immunity should only be increased via vaccines. Some people's whole bloodlines terminated in 2020-2022 because of infection.

Don't think that even for a second that since people say "omnicron could be less deadly" that omnicron could be less deadly for everyone.

A disease is still deadly and also the reason why flu vaccines are quite mandatory in a lot of institutions despite being with us for a long time and much less deadly than sars or something similar.

• I said vaccines AND spreading it. Vaccines prevent most deaths and building up immunity is all we can do. It's unfortunate so many people refuse to get vaccinated bc I think hospital numbers would already look a lot better. I just think border closures won't do a thing in the long run, covid is already everywhere and it's too contagious to be really kept out anyway. We can see that especially countries with zero covid policies have struggled with omicron bc of how contagious it is. Who's to say the next variant isn't even more contagious than that. Vaccinations and building up immunity (like it happened with the flu) is the only way out of the situation we're stuck in right now.

trust me I know it's deadly, I know people who have died of it. It's awful. We can only hope vaccinations will make it a lot less deadly. Covid will likely keep killing people just like the flu does each year, but unfortunately that's really the best case scenario.

• I think it's actually from sometime in March it's not finalized yet. And the other thing you know they may close again after month or few like they did in 2020. Last year it was something ridiculous as 3 weeks, but fingers crossed it stays open this time. I had to postpone my studies and internship like 2 times and eventually cancel because of these absurd regulations...

• it was about time

this video sums the whole situation up very nicely

Lmao Dogen is always spot on

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!