Holiday Badge Petition: Zoo

• I don't think the rules are confusing. The rules specifically say (I've attached the original quote below and underlined for emphasis):

This December, January and February, holiday/end of year themed kpop-related* milestone events will be eligible to be considered, no year limit.

• Up to THREE (3) Holiday Limited Badge petitions will be chosen as winner for each month (December, January, February)
    • Kpop-related means that the event was notable in kpop (charting on Melon, year-end event recognized as kpop news etc)
    • Holiday/End of year themed means that it was held during or in celebration of an end-of-year festivity
    • These holiday badges will not be subject to new badge rules. It will require at least 20 backers and win based solely on backer count!

By those rules, Zoo was notable in kpop and it was held during a holiday/end of year festivity. By those rules, Beautiful is eligible too, and so are the Stray Kids and BTS concert events. There is nothing in the original rules that said it had to be have winter snow or anything in the video, only that it had to happen during holiday and winter AND be notable in kpop.

unknown.png

The holidays are here and what better way to spread the cheer than to have a Holiday/End of Year Limited Badge event! This December, January and February, holiday/end of year themed kpop-related* milestone events will be eligible to be considered, no year limit. There are some things to keep in mind though!

PLEASE NOTE:

• Petition thread should be prefaced with: Holiday Limited Badge
    • Only ONE (1) badge will be made per Holiday Limited Badge petition
    • The badge will be 750 akorns
    • Up to THREE (3) Holiday Limited Badge petitions will be chosen as winner for each month (December, January, February)
    • Kpop-related means that the event was notable in kpop (charting on Melon, year-end event recognized as kpop news etc)
    • Holiday/End of year themed means that it was held during or in celebration of an end-of-year festivity
    • These holiday badges will not be subject to new badge rules. It will require at least 20 backers and win based solely on backer count!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Actually the101 let's not do a limited because we're already gonna be penalized when Dream's comeback happens. If we choose to do one then we're already gonna have to stress about points and I'm already not looking forward to that.

• Anyway, please petition for this as a regular limited as @quarkie suggested. I apologize that the rules for the special holiday petitions were confusing and unclear. If we do end up doing special petitions again, I will define the parameters better. Sorry once again.

No thank you, with NCT Dream badges coming up and the new badge system, I don't want our Dreamzens to be penalized even more in voting with a recent badge.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• No thank you, with NCT Dream badges coming up and the new badge system, I don't want our Dreamzens to be penalized even more in voting with a recent badge.

Is it even going to be worth the headache of doing a Dream comeback petition having to depend on the tiers though?

• Is it even going to be worth the headache of doing a Dream comeback petition having to depend on the tiers though?

I think it will depend on who's coming back that month. If it's a quiet month, we can earn enough votes. If the big fandoms are in play, then no, it's not even worth trying, IMO.

• I think it will depend on who's coming back that month. If it's a quiet month, we can earn enough votes. If the big fandoms are in play, then no, it's not even worth trying, IMO.

There's already Stray Kids and Oh My Girl which granted they both had limited badges as well but Oh My Girl was a petition in the original format so idk if that will strictly count as a normal LE event. I don't want to end up stressing about points and then have us miss out when we could just do an album badge or something for the comeback.

And then like.. getting a Dream badge may mean we can't get WayV or 127 which makes me wonder should we save it for the Lab releases in case we get major solo?? Or what if they do another full group comeback this year?

• There's already Stray Kids and Oh My Girl which granted they both had limited badges as well but Oh My Girl was a petition in the original format so idk if that will strictly count as a normal LE event. I don't want to end up stressing about points and then have us miss out when we could just do an album badge or something for the comeback.

And then like.. getting a Dream badge may mean we can't get WayV or 127 which makes me wonder should we save it for the Lab releases in case we get major solo?? Or what if they do another full group comeback this year?

I don't think the solos vs groups thing was ever ironed out, but again I think we just look to see who's coming out and make our decisions then. It will be impossible to predict to plan (also I'm assuming the worst that we won't be able to count units separately.) You may have the right idea to just go with album badges and skip the limited petitions. We'll see.

• Is it even going to be worth the headache of doing a Dream comeback petition having to depend on the tiers though?

I think it will depend on who's coming back that month. If it's a quiet month, we can earn enough votes. If the big fandoms are in play, then no, it's not even worth trying, IMO.

There are always two outright winners - those outright winners being top vote getters. Priority rank does not come into play until after that.

There's already Stray Kids and Oh My Girl which granted they both had limited badges as well but Oh My Girl was a petition in the original format so idk if that will strictly count as a normal LE event. I don't want to end up stressing about points and then have us miss out when we could just do an album badge or something for the comeback.

I don't think the solos vs groups thing was ever ironed out, but again I think we just look to see who's coming out and make our decisions then. It will be impossible to predict to plan (also I'm assuming the worst that we won't be able to count units separately.) You may have the right idea to just go with album badges and skip the limited petitions. We'll see.

Both of those groups have badges. That would not give them priority over a Dream comeback.

Additionally., consider that after the new badge rules came into play, I also expanded our limited badge team because I acknowledged the backlog having only one person might cause. We are still allowing "extra" petition winners based on the team's availability and so far, almost everyone who has petitioned for anything has made it.

I dunno if that helps to allay any fears, but I did want to add that.

Once again, I apologize for being unclear with the rules and having it lead to this. As I said to @laleria, I did not mean for this to cause any strife. I can see it has and I regret that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!