Holiday Badge Petition: Zoo

• WOULD YOU LIKE A ZOO BADGE WITHOUT GOING TO KWANGYA-YA-YA? 16

1. Yes, can you hear me roaring? (13) 81%
    2. Yes, you know what to do, do, do (2) 13%
    3. Yes, this is awesome, wild (1) 6%

div-pepe-400-tp.png

Nothing says winter like a Winter SMTOWN album and December's 2021 Winter SMTOWN: SMCU Express was full of cozy and fun songs for cold winter days. Many of the songs also appeared on the company's free New Year's Day concert featuring SM groups, including a performance of "Zoo," from NCT's Taeyong, Jeno, Hendery and YangYang and aespa's Giselle.

Taeyong, who co-choreographed the song with choreographer Bada Lee, posted a video of the song's dance practice (with Bada, who has the gray hair in this video, and professional dancers) and the song and its dance went viral with people all over the world taking the Zoo Challenge (which wasn't even something planned or created by the company ^^ ), shooting up the viral charts!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

– Reached #9 on Spotify's Viral 50 Global Chart

- ZOO reached 22M views on YouTube (the company released the video because of the song's viral success)

– 120.5K videos use the sound on Tiktok (most used sound for NCT)

– #ZOOchallenge reached 180.7M views on Tiktok

– 3rd song and fastest song by an nct member to reach 15M streams on Spotify

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please help us get a Zoo badge!

Ves  @ripia  Ibby  3ne  veryberrys

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Ves: Poll closed due to petition being ineligible. ().

• ..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Um, while the concert was certainly in the winter, this performance / song doesn't seem to celebrate winter or a holiday in any way. I'm sorry, this can't be petitioned as a holiday badge.

But the Idol stage counts? That's not about a holiday either.

the101 let's just make it a limited petition then.

• But the Idol stage counts? That's not about a holiday either.

the101 let's just make it a limited petition then.

Actually, it is holiday/celebratory themed as that type of display in that particular performance with those special costumed dancers and acrobats, not to mention that puppet lion, are only used for special festive occasions in Korea, so it fits the "celebratory" end of year feel. Strays are also petitioning for a very similar performance Stray Kids did for end of year this year as well.

To clarify, it is not just because it is an end of year performance.

• Actually, it is holiday/celebratory themed as that type of display in that particular performance with those special costumed dancers and acrobats, not to mention that puppet lion, are only used for special festive occasions in Korea, so it fits the "celebratory" end of year feel. Strays are also petitioning for a very similar performance Stray Kids did for end of year this year as well.

To clarify, it is not just because it is an end of year performance.

But the performance has nothing to do with celebrating a holiday. I believe the Stray Kids performance is literally a holiday themed performance that happened on Christmas day. It just feels like an excuse to get a badge for that specific performance. I mean if that's all it takes then literally any performance regardless of when it happens of a love song should count as celebrating Valentine's Day.

• But the performance has nothing to do with celebrating a holiday. I believe the Stray Kids performance is literally a holiday themed performance that happened on Christmas day. It just feels like an excuse to get a badge for that specific performance. I mean if that's all it takes then literally any performance regardless of when it happens of a love song should count as celebrating Valentine's Day.

Disagree - that performance looks VERY celebratory. It's not your run of the mill performance at all and heavily celebrates Korean culture.

• Um, while the concert was certainly in the winter, this performance / song doesn't seem to celebrate winter or a holiday in any way. I'm sorry, this can't be petitioned as a holiday badge.

But it's literally on the SMTOWN Winter album?

pre-order-2021-winter-smtown-smcu-express-aespa-106849_2000x.jpg?v=1640652114

..............................................................................................................perfume

• Disagree - that performance looks VERY celebratory. It's not your run of the mill performance at all and heavily celebrates Korean culture.

I mean that's fine. You want a badge for that performance and made the excuse to get one (especially when BTS has plenty of actual winter and holiday themed performances).

I disagree that a song from a winter album that was performed as part of a New Years Day concert isn't holiday enough. Let's leave it at that.

• But it's literally on the SMTOWN Winter album?

pre-order-2021-winter-smtown-smcu-express-aespa-106849_2000x.jpg?v=1640652114

I think I've not been clear. It's not the fact that it's on a winter album etc. It needs to look winter/celebration themed. So far the petitions that have been accepted have all been either set in winter or are celebratory end of year spectacles.

So BTS doing Boy In Luv for instance in regular outfits with regular choreo would not have counted. It needs to be special winter/end of year/celebration themed.

• I mean that's fine. You want a badge for that performance and made the excuse to get one (especially when BTS has plenty of actual winter and holiday themed performances).

I disagree that a song from a winter album that was performed as part of a New Years Day concert isn't holiday enough. Let's leave it at that.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's not an excuse NCT Beautiful comes out on Monday and was accepted during this special petition period because it was themed to fit - in that case, winter. Zoo, however, is not.

• Several years ago I cdelebrated New Year in Thailand. And Zoo as a sing and as a performance matches how we celebrated it.

Or to be counted New year celebration stage, there should be christmas three/snow/etc?

Badge petition rules too difficult to understand.

Yes, I hear you on the difficulty understanding the rules. I think I probably need to rethink having special petitions that veer from the rules of regular petitions. There has been a good amount of confusion around what counts and what doesn't for these and that is my fault for not being clear enough. The period for these ends this month and I'm not sure we'll be doing them again unless they are very carefully thought out to avoid these types of issues. Just brings bad feelings which was the last thing I meant with these.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!