"Who danced each move in xxxxx the best" videos are the stupidest KPOP videos ever

• There I said it

Fking hell you have like every single move be like "perfect angles great torso" or what "hand placement perfect" or "hips shake left right the best" I'm like go away?

To me it's one of the stupidest videos ever like what kind of god level dancer do you think you are to critique every single move down to the detail. I could understand if dancers rate idol dancers overall on how well they dance but to have every single dance move broken down and be like "good bounce perfect placement" bitch you aren't even the one who MADE THE FKING CHOREOGRAPHY HOW THE FLYING FK DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE "PERFECT PLACEMENT" IS SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE?

• I have legitimately never heard this take before and I'm a bit surprised to hear you go off like this since you always seem so nice to everyone on here. I personally don't hate them and even used to watch a couple. The reason why is that I don't know a lot about dancing in general and those types of videos helped me learn some dancing terminology, as well as how thing should look if done perfectly. They (these videos) also helped get me out of my "my faves are perfect at everything" mindset. Plus, the ones I would watch didn't seem unnecessarily harsh (coming from a typically sensitive person) and they would rank them in general at the end too.

That being said, I completely and wholeheartedly can see your viewpoint and how those videos have the potential to be damaging, especially to the artists in question. It's also fairly unrealistic to expect everyone to do every move flawlessly and those videos sometimes hold idols to that standard, which is not good. Those are my thoughts on the videos in question though. Have a great day/night!

• I don’t mind them but I’m convinced half of the people who create them don’t no shit about dancing.

I think there was one channel who actually knew what they were doing who started it and then everyone just jumped on the trend

Given up on any type of dance rank video unless they provide some real credentials.

• do people actually watch all that lol

i've never watched such stuff

i'd rather use my own judgement

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You can tell a lot of it's just piggybacking off narratives. If they think x is a good dancer then everything is perfect, if they think x is a bad dancer it's all wrong.

I remember one of them I watched tried to ding a girl group member for "bending her knees too much" but she was in a place in the formation where the members beside her were a little bit shorter than her so she was clearly just trying to make the formation look nicer by putting their heads/shoulders closer to the same level.

• I don’t mind them but I’m convinced half of the people who create them don’t no shit about dancing.

I think there was one channel who actually knew what they were doing who started it and then everyone just jumped on the trend

Given up on any type of dance rank video unless they provide some real credentials.

Their credentials be like "I have been dancing for 1 year"

• I suck at dancing/pointing out technique so I did watch some of them and I agree with your point and at the same time those are helpful to me when they are done well and the ranking isn't the most important thing there (I think of the account on the scene that made me realize some things about member's dancing).

But yeah I've seen one or two rankings some time ago and they take any dance experience as if they are able to analyze and criticize everything :sweatr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!