Is Blackpink's The album one of if not the biggest era for a gg of all times?

• They can hit higher peak in asia too because india has just started to get into them and s.e.a countries are still crazy over them. Overall peak, i really believe it will be easy for blackpink to surpass their previous records. The only country i just can't tell is korea. Can't tell about album sales either. The hiatus is too long for proper dedicated fans.

Their Asian streams this year will be absolutely insane

I'm expecting the 2nd album to pull something like 110M-130M first week streams from Asia alone(the album did like 55M-58M I think)

Their CB single will probably debut with close to or 1M streams in countries like Philippines/Indonesia/India/Brazil 👀

• Their Asian streams this year will be absolutely insane

I'm expecting the 2nd album to pull something like 110M-130M first week streams from Asia alone(the album did like 55M-58M I think)

Their CB single will probably debut with close to or 1M streams in countries like Philippines/Indonesia/India/Brazil 👀

How will they do that if they comeback with 4 songs like square up and kill this album. I don't think they will beat album era too if they release 4 songs

• I think it will highly depend on the amount of songs, if we get another 4 songs+ hylt remix will be very difficult :teeheek:

I actually have zero doubts we getting anything less than 1 pre release single & 2nd full album from BP

YG & teddy have proven they do Infact monitor & implement what's best for BP popularity whenever they release music again

Example : they changed the title track from PS to LSG to avoid the backlash BP got by releasing HYLT

They also added FY as a sub-title track due to its immediate popularity after the moving teasers were released

They won't release anything less than an 8 songs album for sure & the Collab this time will be better cause I'm sure they realised their mistakes from Ice cream (give jisoo lines lol & let Jennie rap)

• I will get back to this comment when they release something :pepe-notes:

• YG albums are always boosted by having multiple lead singles. Their strategy is very solid. I’ve always wondered why that isn’t the default strategy for all of kpop…Now a days more and more kpop groups also have promoted b sides which equal title tracks so I guess it’s getting better.

• No doubt they’re the biggest gg currently in the world.

As for their album being the biggest era of all time? I don’t think so. Sales aside, there were girl groups in the 90’s who sold alot and has had massive influence on how music progressed… and those times social media was not a thing and streaming didn’t exist.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• I was really surprised by their Asia Spotify steaming numbers - even now only Taylor has beaten them. If BP can nearly match their 2020 Spotify numbers in 2021 with no releases, there's no doubt they will smash The Album's streaming records with their next album...if we ever get one. It's hard not to feel discouraged when it's February and we have yet to even get a season's greetings LMAO

Tbh, achievements aside, I miss how it felt to be a blink during The Album era. It was really a moment when the HYLT teasers dropped

• Not even that many years for inflation to make a massive difference, you are coping. Besides album sales are just 1 of many things where the album destroyed everyone. It's not even close but thanks for the contribution I guess :eyes:

Kpop girl groups are not even part of the equation, hell if we had to say the 2nd and 3rd place they would be kill this love & square up overall

• No doubt they’re the biggest gg currently in the world.

As for their album being the biggest era of all time? I don’t think so. Sales aside, there were girl groups in the 90’s who sold alot and has had massive influence on how music progressed… and those times social media was not a thing and streaming didn’t exist.

You say sales aside and then immediately mention sales ^^ . I already mentioned that in the op, if we went strictly by album sales then not even bts are close to the biggest eras from tlc, destiny's child & spice girls. Album sales were at their peak.

It's difficult to compare but just like they were doing great in sales, bp are doing so in streaming which is the current dominant music consumption

• You say sales aside and then immediately mention sales ^^ . I already mentioned that in the op, if we went strictly by album sales then not even bts are close to the biggest eras from tlc, destiny's child & spice girls. Album sales were at their peak.

It's difficult to compare but just like they were doing great in sales, bp are doing so in streaming which is the current dominant music consumption

Umm that’s why I mentioned influence….

Even if BP becomes the biggest streaming group of history it’ll still be difficult to compare because streaming is cheap and sometimes free compared to selling physical albums. It wasn’t too long ago when kpop stans thought 1 million views on an MV in a day was the biggest milestone any group could achieve.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Umm that’s why I mentioned influence….

Even if BP becomes the biggest streaming group of history it’ll still be difficult to compare because streaming is cheap and sometimes free compared to selling physical albums. It wasn’t too long ago when kpop stans thought 1 million views on an MV in a day was the biggest milestone any group could achieve.

Don't worry BP have quite a lot of influence themselves and also sell incredibly well :eyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!