So actually Idols performed two times during Gaon Chart Awards

• look first video is fancam taken during actual ceremony

second one was the thing which was broadcasted in TV

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The first one looks like it could be a camera rehearsal.

I believe those are quite common for big award shows.

That's what they wore to the ceremony (well minus the one who MC'd that's the dress she was wearing during the show).

I assume it was pre-recorded to be polished and to keep down backstage personnel/backup dancers because of Covid. Each group can be scheduled with their full team alone to pre-recorded to minimize contact and then just have a minimal support staff for the ceremony performance.

• That's what they wore to the ceremony (well minus the one who MC'd that's the dress she was wearing during the show).

I assume it was pre-recorded to be polished and to keep down backstage personnel/backup dancers because of Covid. Each group can be scheduled with their full team alone to pre-recorded to minimize contact and then just have a minimal support staff for the ceremony performance.

I don't think it's a pre-recroding. There are things missing in the first video (like the desks and backup dancers at the beginning).

That's why I think it's a camera rehearsal. So they can know where everything will be for the actual performance.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I don't think it's a pre-recroding. There are things missing in the first video (like the desks and backup dancers at the beginning).

That's why I think it's a camera rehearsal. So they can know where everything will be for the actual performance.

The first video was recorded by someone who went to the actual ceremony. The first video is not the pre-recording, it's from the ceremony. They're wearing what they wore on the red carpet. They didn't have camera rehearsal during the ceremony.

What I'm saying is they probably pre-recorded the full stage with the props and the backup dancers because it was safer with covid. They can schedule each group on their own and they can bring their stylists and hair and makeup and back up dancers and have them backstage with minimal contact with other groups/staff. Then they had them perform a more basic performance for the actual live audience that attended.

• It’s not unusual to have prerecorded performances so that they won’t have to do an outfit change etc.

It’s usually done to stay in the limits and to have better performances (cut, video, more chances to put in directional stuff)

It’s the same for music shows. Most of the performances are pre recorded except a handful

• The first video was recorded by someone who went to the actual ceremony. The first video is not the pre-recording, it's from the ceremony. They're wearing what they wore on the red carpet. They didn't have camera rehearsal during the ceremony.

What I'm saying is they probably pre-recorded the full stage with the props and the backup dancers because it was safer with covid. They can schedule each group on their own and they can bring their stylists and hair and makeup and back up dancers and have them backstage with minimal contact with other groups/staff. Then they had them perform a more basic performance for the actual live audience that attended.

Ah okay, that makes a whole lot of sense then.

Props to the members for doing it essentially two times then.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!