Kpop fans are just annoying…sigh the Ryan Juhn award

• A clip of NCT Taeyong during Ryan Jhun getting an award is currently getting semi-viral among Kpop fans. Praising him for not clapping for “a misogynist writer/composer” etc..

I mean Taeyong is currently my NCT bias and I love the clout for him but it’s so wrong and fake.

First of all, I don’t know if the composer is actually a misogynist or not. BUT the things he has been accused of were exaggerated and some were completely false but no one cares about that because he is not a good looking idol that has fans. I was one of the people who hated on the things that I read about him but after I read more I realized many things were false.

The problematic things he did:

-using a slang derogatory term describing women

context:

Whether he was saying the truth or not, it’s not the point of this thread.

The thread is about the misinformation fans spread for drama.

Another thing he got backlash for was the “Step Back” lyrics.

Then we realized he WAS NOT the writer of the lyrics at all. He was the writer of the tunes ie only the composer. People saw the word writer and ran with it. Coupled with his previous situation. He was a confirmed misogynist by everyone.

Again I don’t really know if he is or is not. The problem is about the false info spreading around that no one cares to fix. Which leads me to the Taeyong clip. Taeyong looked just tired and I doubt he “refused” to clap for him to “stand for women”. Seriously the things kpop fans make for the sake of drama are always embarrassing and this is one of them. They are spreading misinformation about the writer thing and with the Taeyong thing.

Eg

External Content vm.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku ().

• I saw the clip without a caption for the first time and I thought he had dozed off and the clapping woke up him. :pepe-hehe:

• It's funny being into kpop as long as I have, because I remember when people were really happy with Ryan for the great songs he did for U-KISS. And Ryan was just as protective of any criticism toward U-KISS back then as it sounds like he was toward the female idols he worked with. I don't get how that's a bad thing.

It's like... you can dislike a song (Step Back in this case) without making it someone's fault or indicative of a deep personal flaw.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!