What is your opinion about fan voting for award shows?

• I have 4 points:

1. Voting is not exclusive in kpop, bigger music markets have fan voting for award shows and more, so it is not a big deal. I don’t know get why people act like voting OR not voting for your faves is something to sacrifice someone.

2. Fans that don’t like, want or care about voting are fine (me for example for some awards) THE PROBLEM is when the results are out and people genuinely get mad about their faves not winning when they didn’t vote.

3. Some stans overuse the excuse of not having time and having a life outside of kpop but they do have time to be on their SNS accounts writing essays about how voting is irrelevant, engaging with fanwars, liking posts and all type of stuff for HOURS.

Just say you don’t want or care about voting, don’t need to make excuses, voting takes less than 2 MINUTES. If other fans have 10 accounts good for them but your 1 is a good contribution and enough.

4. Voting is way too long for majority of the awards, some even 2 months old because obviously fan voting get tons of engagements which is good for the award shows, with those ads and different ways to collect points even with real money is equal to profit so the longer= more profit.

Personally I vote because just like streaming and buying (if I have money) their music is a way to support them and appreciate their hard work.

The solely reason why I find some fan voting awards ridiculous is because of the titles and the level of the award itself like MAMA Worldwide icon daesang being 100% fan voting.

• Award shows in general are bullshit regardless of their criteria.

• Award shows in general are bullshit regardless of their criteria.

Yeah and it sucks when people who's faves won on AAA, MAMA, ... make fun of your faves when you say "They won on an award too" and you name either an award not much people know or where mainly "underrated" artist were nominated ... I remember as for example A.C.E won their first award in 2017 and than some BTS-fans made fun of me in the old forum "Nobody cares", "What the fuck why do nugu awards award literally everyone?" etc. and as I said they should please stop it, they really held a speech on why only awards like MAMA count, naming that BTS won like 7 times on one evening ... that makes zero sense and is stupid to me

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Apple Music thing is voting for like 30 seconds of playing the song because MAMA couldn’t even help with fandoms lopping the songs.

Well it's not 100% voting like you said it was. That's all I wanted to correct.

In regards to your topic, people will never be satisfied with who wins because everyone has different preferences in music. Doesn't matter if 1 act smoked everyone else in regards to acclaim, sales, streams, etc. If their favorite act didn't get nominated and/or win, they will complain. At least voting gives people the ability to actually do something to make their faves have a better chance.

Just look at the KMAs, Kpop isn't the main event of the night because they don't let the stans even do anything.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• And still fans and artist engage with them 🥴

For artists, it's part of the game. Most of the artists get good press coverage for nominations and wins and they can bring a lot of exposure. Ricky Martin for instance started the Latin wave of the late 90s/early 00s when he won and performed on the Grammys.

I'm even ok if fans want to vote on them. But I wish people would realize that whether it's fan voted or panel/academy voted... it's extremely flawed on multiple levels. There is no one who exists without some kind of bias and part of the reason that some artists become "X Award Darlings" are often because people vote based on name recognition vs. the work actually submitted. There are several cases of someone being nominated for an award, public opinion overwhelmingly saying they should win for that, they lose, and the next year they're nominated again but for a weaker piece of work and will win as a "fix it" for the previous year.

Everyone should just be happy when their faves win something and proud of them, but just let it go after that. There's no reason to try and put down someone else for not winning or not being nominated. I promise you that no matter what, people are going to remember their music much clearly and longer than they will ever remember what awards they won or didn't win.

• DUMB? Unless anyone can proof that the fans can vote for any other groups that is not their favorite. Not be bias. Well, thats just never gonna happen in a million years innit?

• doesn't matter either way...I'm certainly not voting so kudos on the awards that do allow voting and kudos to the ones that don't!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!