Important announcement by Bighit and UMG?

• But they don’t do only US distribution. That’s why I said international market. They have a hand in most of the biggest music markets in the world including Japan where they have contracts with BTS for albums

And I don’t know why you think US distribution isn’t an important metric. Because it is for artistes who have fans willing to buy and chart their faves on billboard. Even if you exclude that reason it’s cheaper for fans since it doesn’t come with shipping costs.

No I didn't mean that I said they don't promote the artist well like radio, playlisting etc....

• This wording is interesting, "issue"

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Whatever it is looks important

• I didn't know that I thought they were only under colombia records

yup BTS are under UMG Japan (thats why UMG accounts were promoting MOTS:7 The Journey on twitter).

Fun Fact: BTS were UMGs 5th biggest money maker in 2020 just with their 2020 JPN album release alone.

Also BH already has links to UMG outside of BTS with UMG Japan

TXT is signed under Republic Records in the US (A UMG label) and they are also signed under UMG Japan.

• This wording is interesting, "issue"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmmmm...

We have 2 things we know it could be possibly be at the moment:

1. UMG artists on weverse (idk if it would be this cause this has been going on since Novemeber)

2. The collab between BH, Kiswe, UMG and YG for the concert streaming platform. (i'm iffy about it being this too because if it had to do this i feel like they would have mentioned YG and Kiswe in the press release).

Those two are both UMG/BH project things going on. But we already know them and I'm not sure they would warrant a livestream about an "important issue" for them?

So I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Maybe a concert with Bh and Umg artists?

• I saw this on twitter:

its pretty unlikely but you never know.

My delusional hope would be that BH America is a joint label with BH and UMG so that BTS could keep their creative control thanks to BH but also get part of UMGs push for their music.

Will this ever happen ^^^

LMAO Nope... let me just state my delusional idea.

• Mmmmh... kinda yeah, but we don't really know what's going to happen.

I don't know what to think about this 'new super group', the name low-key sounds like another Super M.

As long as the consequences for BTS are positive though, who caaaaares.

UMG is desperate to get some of that BTS money lol

Yeah. If this news is not about BTS, then.. good luck to BH and UMG. Don’t expect ARMY to hype them up tho. We just want BTS.

• UMG is desperate to get some of that BTS money lol

Yeah. If this news is not about BTS, then.. good luck to BH and UMG. Don’t expect ARMY to hype them up tho. We just want BTS.

Yeah, honestly for BTS it seems to be a complete win, lol.

Some people are offended that BTS was kept 'out of the deal', but no one should want BTS to be UMG and BH's guinea pig for their new project.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!