woo!ah! (우아!) – '별 따러 가자' (Catch the Stars) M/V

• Nation girl group woo!ah! just released their new song 'Catch the Stars'. As always, the MV achieves to showcase their unrivalled cuteness; it puts a smile on your face. As for the song, I think it's their first with an instrument based production? We've got a lot of songs with a funky bass lately. It makes for a very upbeat, fun, enjoyable song but I'm afraid some of woo!ah! 's defining features got lost in the mix a little bit. Nana's low tone kinda went missing for example. She's adorable in her space suit though.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[edit]WTH? The MV got taken down from the official channel then reuploaded a few minutes ago but it's now on private? Weird.

[edit2]Apparently, if youtube comments are to be believed, the original upload was in mono, so they reuploaded it in stereo.

• I just checked the songwriters and it appears to be produced by Lee Woomin (collapsedone) who produced songs like The Feels and Perfect World by Twice, We Go and Feel Good (Secret World) by fromis_9. And it's true it has the same kind of summery vibe as We Go now that I think of it.

In terms of fame, it's a step up from their previous team of producers but hopefully HAE and Sonny will keep making songs for the group because I really dig their style.

• It's an okay song for me. I like the clean feel it has but sadly, I think the song lacks a bite to it which made it feel like a b-side for me. It's chill but doesn't really grab your attention like IDMU and Bad Girl did.

• mv is also here

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it's great song, I love the vibe of it, and like you said maybe because it's produced by collapsedone but it sounds really Twicey/fromisey :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!