NCT seems to have scandals but none blow up in the public except maybe that Taeyong one in the early years

• Maybe my perception is wrong (I don't follow NCT), but whenever members get into controversies it just seems to be stuck in the fan-o-sphere and doesn't get much public notice. The comments would usually start with "i'm a nctizen but...". In comparison when EXO got into controversies I believe the public would give their 2 cents more often.

• NCT aren’t THAT big with the public in general ( like EXO level )

i feel like they’re the type of group that ppl see in a controversy every week and they go “oh NCT are at it again”

they give their two cents n move on

the Lucas situation did blow up tho but it was so shocking it’s kinda impossible not to

• Most of the "scandals" aren't really all that. Only Taeyong's accusations for years and Lucas case recently were somewhat relevant enough for some other people to talk about. They also aren't crazy popular like Exo at the level that random locals will know the members that much, specially when they are a lot.

Most of the "scandals" that certain blogs translate are usually from the k-fandom behaviour and sasaengs leaking photos of members supossedly being drunk or acting dumb.

Other "scandals" are the type to overanalize their relationship and say they are rude because of x reason or try to make dating accusations true, and nobody except nctzens themselves and antis care.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Girls groups are more geared towards the GP , so when they get into scandals , the reactions are more vicious . Also sexism but that’s another can of worms .

Boy groups are marketed so that they have a fandom that grows every come back . Hence why you see them survive controversies more easily because a fandom tends to be biased positively towards you .

But that’s just my 2 cents from being in Kpop since like 2007

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!