Yg wasted so much poential of blackpink and their growth?

• When it comes to BP, it's debatable. YG is the best at wasting potential (Ikon, Treasure, Winner), but with BP I think they did a pretty good job. Yes, they don't release music that often, but when they do, it explodes. The girls have great careers as soloists/actresses and will survive even if BP will disband, which is the best thing that could happen to a member of a girlgroup. YG gets a lot of money from their CFs, which is more than enough to let them do what they want.

As a group, yeah, it could improve, but to be honest, no one wants to stay in the shade of a group, I'm pretty sure the girls prefer to be active and popular as individuals, so YG helped them a lot in this direction.

People excuses to attribute any of what the BP have done to YG are do fucking funny. U all erase 2017 of your memory or simply not there

• Their exclusive / less release strategy works well to keep fans that are normal with western artists, hence majority of the fanbase comes from the west. Cause you dont need to be super invested in them. Their comeback is a huge event just like any album release by western artist (ariana, taylor, adele..)

Imagine, 3 albums in a year. I bet many will grow tired of them. Im sure they can sustain the sales level, but each comeback wouldnt be as grand as they could be.

• Simply because they have great songs.

• Since I only follow Blackpink as a kpop group, and I’m not 24h invested in them, I was always fine with the 1 comeback a year. The problem is that at least I expected more songs, not just 4 for an EP for example.

If they have 1 comeback a year with 8 songs (as an EP), or a full album with 11/12 tracks everyone 1 year then that would be fine with me.

Agree. Im okay with at least 8 songs a year but this year ... 0 group songs ... though we get 4 solos and 1 solo collab songs..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!