Yg wasted so much poential of blackpink and their growth?

• if you look at the overall demography of blackpink you can see how much yg wasted blackpink potential as a group. blackpink generate 2 billion streams in spotify and 5 billion streams in youtube without any comeback they are also have 6.5 B streams in spotify for only 24 songs in their hituas between comebacks.

they also dominate both youtube and apple music from female artists side

unlike many girl groups bp B-sides are doing great even compared to most of the boy groups but bp have only eleven b sides in thier 5 year carrier yg is incomptent to release more music for bp. i also think yg doesn't have strategy for bp. they unexpected popularity is not excepted by yg. it really shows yg doesn't what do with them

• You could say the same thing for all companies, especially the other Big3s. IDK what YG does, but they gotta have some social media managers and business experts in there, right? What happened to their college degrees?

Unrelated but I really like your sig. I've been looking for this BP's picture/video

Can I ask where did you get this from?

• When it comes to BP, it's debatable. YG is the best at wasting potential (Ikon, Treasure, Winner), but with BP I think they did a pretty good job. Yes, they don't release music that often, but when they do, it explodes. The girls have great careers as soloists/actresses and will survive even if BP will disband, which is the best thing that could happen to a member of a girlgroup. YG gets a lot of money from their CFs, which is more than enough to let them do what they want.

As a group, yeah, it could improve, but to be honest, no one wants to stay in the shade of a group, I'm pretty sure the girls prefer to be active and popular as individuals, so YG helped them a lot in this direction.

• It’s better for bp to have this kind of image how do you say it like western feel? And bp is so so popular in the west remember there’s Rihanna adele and taylor doing this not releasing music but when they do it’ll explode immediately. Plus look at bp music video it’s extravagant it’s better to wait and have a quality content than do so much content and it’ll feel empty

• When it comes to BP, it's debatable. YG is the best at wasting potential (Ikon, Treasure, Winner), but with BP I think they did a pretty good job. Yes, they don't release music that often, but when they do, it explodes. The girls have great careers as soloists/actresses and will survive even if BP will disband, which is the best thing that could happen to a member of a girlgroup. YG gets a lot of money from their CFs, which is more than enough to let them do what they want.

As a group, yeah, it could improve, but to be honest, no one wants to stay in the shade of a group, I'm pretty sure the girls prefer to be active and popular as individuals, so YG helped them a lot in this direction.

i still think 24 songs in their 5 year carrier is tragic for what atleast yg can do is increase their b sides when they release bp albums which is least cost effective but yg doesn't do that too

• Unrelated but I really like your sig. I've been looking for this BP's picture/video

Can I ask where did you get this from?

its from their k bank thailand afaik

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• i still think 24 songs in their 5 year carrier is tragic for what atleast yg can do is increase their b sides when they release bp albums which is least cost effective but yg doesn't do that too

it’s tragic but it’s worth it with all the quality and western celebrities featuring with selena and cardi b and dualipa any gg will die for that actually. In all honesty it’s better for them doing just like this and not release a lot of music with low quality

• The only thing I’m fine is that BP don’t need YG anymore they are big in their own way even if they disband they will be good

Imo an album per year with at least 6 songs would be enough for me but it’s tragic they only have 25 songs in 5 yo of career

rookies groups already surpassed BP in term of music contents

YG is sick for giving them more covers than music I’m sorry they are basically IG models ft artists

And lets talk about the fact they are milking Blinks with the bare minimum and blinks still buying everything they put then the next day we will vent about YG is always scamming us

• i still think 24 songs in their 5 year carrier is tragic for what atleast yg can do is increase their b sides when they release bp albums which is least cost effective but yg doesn't do that too

Yes, it is true, but typical for a business that prefers money over artists. Basically, they want to get a lot of money from doing/investing nothing. It's easier to agree to a CFs where they don't have to do/invest anything (everything is provided by the advertising company), than hiring competent marketers, songwriters, choreographers from a comeback.

YG is the worst when it comes to supporting their artists, that's why I said BP's case is a happy one.

• its from their k bank thailand afaik

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tysm

The girls are serving goddesses here

• I totally agree. But BP what the right group at the right moment. YG gave them the same concept as 2NE1, which people missed so much. Their songs were also catchy, which helped them to be played at radios/clubs, this is a strategy that helps people to remember/be more curious about who is singing. Also, I think a major role was that their songs are mostly in English, they put 3-4 sentences in Korean just to be considered a Korean group, but in reality, YG knew from the begging that they target the western market.

Well, when I said that they appeared at the right moment I was meaning that every group needs a rival. BTS-EXO, Twice-BP. That's why in human brains we decided that is mandatory to follow. YG was extremely lucky, you can see that since they have never been able to debut a group that would be popular, no matter how much they tried, which means, their strategy is horrible and they are lucky to debut once at idk how many years the right artists.

Their fandom is growing because they are now considered a big group, it's in human nature to follow the crowd, even tho you don't like the content/ there is no content. Also, I think not the love for BP helps the group, but the hate, does it makes sense? I feel like the hate attracts people a lot, so there is always content if you can call it so. Some feel like hate is also a form of strategy bcs they are always mentioned in articles. Just remember the so-called lazy scandal of Jennie. How many people became curious about that?

that's why i am wondering it has to do with teddy? afterall he is the main producer of the group and almost produced all of his songs. Maybe whether to release music depends on him?

• it's just a business guys, so I'm sure they know what they are doing

yes I would like them to have more than 24 songs of course and I hope it'll change soon, but it's their way and their choice, remember girls themselves said they select songs and not all of them are going to be released

• If they don't renew, then yes.

But if they're one of the very few girl groups who do, then I think slow and steady will have proven to be an effective strategy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!