4th gen has become millionaire kids playground

• the amount of rich kids in kpop right now has put a sour taste in kpop, with all these kids getting in before other trainees purely because of their wealth and money.

i blame SM for this with their influx of rich kid idols who got in purely because of their connections and wealth, you all know who im talking about.

Approved the thread.
  • I'm going to answer with a dope rhyme: What can I say? The world is pay for play.

• This is unfortunately true.

on the brighert side, the rich kid members are usually the least popular anyway

• the amount of rich kids in kpop right now has put a sour taste in kpop, with all these kids getting in before other trainees purely because of their wealth and money.

i blame SM for this with their influx of rich kid idols who got in purely because of their connections and wealth, you all know who im talking about.

Who in 4th gen?

It's the same like other companies like jyp & yg with bp.

• Who in 4th gen?

It's the same like other companies like jyp & yg with bp.

3/4 of aespa are rich. giselle for one got in early 2020 and debuted instead of the trainees there who trained over 5 years purely because of her connections since we know it wasn't talent. sis was posting her 20k rings to her poor fans...

• 3/4 of aespa are rich. giselle for one got in early 2020 and debuted instead of the trainees there who trained over 5 years purely because of her connections since we know it wasn't talent. sis was posting her 20k rings to her poor fans...

those trainees can't rap, sm is looking for rappers. No wonder they got discarded

• If you think rich kids or people with connections didn't get ahead before this - across the music industry around the world - you don't know much about the music industry. This isn't a new thing or a SM thing.

Also, why does it matter?

• 3/4 of aespa are rich. giselle for one got in early 2020 and debuted instead of the trainees there who trained over 5 years purely because of her connections since we know it wasn't talent. sis was posting her 20k rings to her poor fans...

3/4?lol that's bp not aespa.The only one who's rich in aespa is giselle and they need a rapper and an english speaker so she doesn't got in entirely because of her money.

those trainees particularly the ones we saw on Mickey Mouse club are not more talented than Giselle though - I don't even particularly like Giselle but her vibe fits to be in aespa way more than them. She also brings English and Japanese language skills... it's very easy to see why she was picked over them

• Is everyone in 4th gen is rich?

• 3/4 of aespa are rich.

stop spreading BS

Karina isn't from a rich family, her father is a military and her mom and sister are nurse

Winter isn't from a rich family neither, her family is a family of military

and Ningning neither

Giselle is the only one who's from a wealthy family

dumb people spreading dumb rumor

• SM is far from being the worst offender and the rich ones there are actually at least decently talented, those Enhypen dudes though...

• Giselle is the best rapper in SM and an unofficial aespa speaker. if they want to come from vocal, dance and rap, they have to go this way. in addition, they strike with aespa internationally and Giselle knows the languages.

• those trainees particularly the ones we saw on Mickey Mouse club are not more talented than Giselle though - I don't even particularly like Giselle but her vibe fits to be in aespa way more than them. She also brings English and Japanese language skills... it's very easy to see why she was picked over them

Giselle also speaks Spanish and French fluently she revealed on knowing brothers. So weird people call her useless when she's SM best female rapper to date and has 5 languages she's fluent in as well she was in choir and spent her first trainee years in a Japanese idol training facility then moved to SM once she passed their extremely hard Saturday audition.

• Exactly! Only Giselle is rich predebut since her mom was a fashion editor and her aunt is a famous ABC Korean reporter and Giselle was born in the richest area of Korea, her father is rumoured to be a wealthy Japanese business man.

NingNing isn't rich but from a upper middle class family, her father is an engineer those dudes usually make bank and I'm sure NingNing had made money grom her singing gigs and talent shows in China.

WinRina both from regular middle class Korean families

Winter is from busan (most Koreans consider busan to he not wealthy)

• Giselle also speaks Spanish and French fluently she revealed on knowing brothers. So weird people call her useless when she's SM best female rapper to date and has 5 languages she's fluent in as well she was in choir and spent her first trainee years in a Japanese idol training facility then moved to SM once she passed their extremely hard Saturday audition.

as much i love Giselle

she's not fluent in french, she must have the very basic in french

but just what she said in french was wrong , when talking she said " ce qui se pele" and in french it's "ce qui se passe" , she didn't pronounce the "sse"

and in french nobody would say "ce qui se passe" because what she said isn't a question

if she wanted to ask what's going on in french she would say " qu'est ce qui se passe" if she was very fluent in french

• quite a lot of kpop idols especially foreign ones are rich regardless of generations though. Like all the Thai idols I know of are well-off. Kpop training system is very expensive so it's harder for poor trainees to debut especially in bigger companies.

• I love how stupid SM stans have to inject Enhypen everywhere when no one talked about them ^^

Stay pressed

I don't even stan one SM group, try again... But OP blamed SM when other agencies are the same and some groups have rich kids with no talent at all like Enhypen

• If you think rich kids or people with connections didn't get ahead before this - across the music industry around the world - you don't know much about the music industry. This isn't a new thing or a SM thing.

Also, why does it matter?

because it's gross, the fuck

• I don't even stan one SM group, try again... But OP blamed SM when other agencies are the same and some groups have rich kids with no talent at all like Enhypen

They're talented and some of them being rich doesn't mean their parents paid for them to get in, you sound stupid as hell

• I don't even stan one SM group, try again... But OP blamed SM when other agencies are the same and some groups have rich kids with no talent at all like Enhypen

lmao telling this make you a whole idiot.. Enhypen literally came from a survival show and the viewers voted for them to debut... they didn't debut just because of their connections or wealth they need to appeal to the masses for them to have faithful voters that will continuously vote for them.

• Some people think all ceos are rich lol.If u watch start up u will understand u can still be poor even if u're a ceo.A ceo just means u have ur own company/start up doesn't mean u're rich.

Only Jay and Jake I think but they keep including Sunghoon and Ni-ki in the conversation since their families are well-off (e.g. Sunghoon's figure skating career; it's a damn expensive sport and Ni-ki's family owned Lead Entertainment in Japan and Ni-ki has been long teaching dance in their dance studio pre-debut).

Enha rich line - jay, jake, niki, sunghoon

My friend learnt figure skating and she's not rich.Jay's dad is an owner of a tour agency and niki's parents owns a dance studio.I wouldn't call them necessarily rich lol.

• lmao telling this make you a whole idiot.. Enhypen literally came from a survival show and the viewers voted for them to debut... they didn't debut just because of their connections or wealth they need to appeal to the masses for them to have faithful voters that will continuously vote for them.

I-Land "survival" show was a joke. Anyone who watched I-Land could see that the producers already picked who they wanted to debut before hand. The line up is obvious less than 3 episodes in. The voting only mattered for about one position and that position went to Sunoo.

• I-Land "survival" show was a joke. Anyone who watched I-Land could see that the producers already picked who they wanted to debut before hand. The line up is obvious less than 3 episodes in. The voting only mattered for about one position and that position went to Sunoo.

So you're saying Ni-ki's place in the group was prearranged? Haha

• I-Land "survival" show was a joke. Anyone who watched I-Land could see that the producers already picked who they wanted to debut before hand. The line up is obvious less than 3 episodes in. The voting only mattered for about one position and that position went to Sunoo.

I watched iland last month and i felt that they already had a lineup planned in mind and sunoo was definitely not the part of that lineup, that's why they never gave him screen time but when they saw his votes they started giving him screen time. But why would they take such a big risk or rigging after that mnet situation.

If u watched iland u'd know the producers don't really like sunoo,they like K and mnet don't like niki with how they keep evil editing him.

• If u watched iland u'd know the producers don't really like sunoo,they like K and mnet don't like niki with how they keep evil editing him.

Producers are a joke. I hope next time they hire more producers like like Rain or smthing and eliminate those in house choreographers and producers. I always skipped their parts lol and i think they evil edited Niki to make us not vote for him only to realize later that group needs him so they started evil editing K instead of him and i guess they already made the decision of hybe Japan group during later eps that's why they made K look like a Saint in last eps. 😂 Screen time plays a huge part in final lineup.

• I don’t think they evil edited Nikki. He is still young and you expect people that age to be a little bit selfish and unrestrained . He even acknowledged in one interview that before he only thought of how to stand-out but later realized that it is important to think as one team. It’s normal for people to change their attitude as they mature and there is nothing wrong with that.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!