2021 was surely a very bland, dull, boring year for kpop, the songs are BAD, especially from the big artists. #nochefskissatall

• especially when it comes from the big groups/artists releases, extremely tragic really, i like quite a lot of Red Velvet title tracks and after the showstopping Psycho release back in 2019 they came back this year after a very long hiatus with the unmemorable bland Queendom song, twice released the sleep inducing ASMResque Alcohol free song, i hate the 4th gen trend of super noisy 5-songs-in-1 so i'll let Aespa/NCT/StrayKidz/ITZY out of this conversation, Blackpink group release last year had some good songs but their solos this year are not it, Rose's two songs were okayish not a masterpiece but not that bad either, Lisa's songs were... not it, Lalisa's chorus instrumental sound annoying and noisy af in a bad way, these horn sounds... i can't... anyways, Jennie's SOLO remains the best solo song from a BP member so far... and of course them... BTS, they should have stopped the english poppy songs at Dynamite (actually still the best out of 3), got tired of Butter real quick, Permission to Dance's existence offends me wtf was that parody of american High school musical meets cowboys from Mississipi? My universe is okayish but not outstanding still painfully generic, Film out is lowkey their best song released this year, a japanese ballad single outsold their main releases oof... anyways what a tragic year, compare it to 2018 with BP releasing Square Up, Red Velvet releasing Bad Boy, BTS releasing LY: Tear... damnn what a downgrade.

When the big 3rd gen artists release a good song in 2022 i'll be like:

gordon-ramsay-finally.gif

Approved the thread.
  • Just listen to music from the mid-sized companies.

• Your text is like a block. please consider adding some paragraphs. I couldn't get through the first couple of sentences.

-ultraaviolet

• I feel like people say this every year.

• tbh that's why I'm listening to many 4th gen groups lately. Some 3rd gen groups don't have songs as good as before.

And bts and blackpink (not a fan of bp but usually have at least one good song in their album) didn't release an album this year, so next year might be better.

• Bgs songs were okyish except txt, ateez and bts but ggs slayed throughout the year 🙄

• u think sticker was dull?

• It really was a bad year in music for big groups. I didn't think Queendom or the Feels was too bad, but again very forgettable, not their best work.

Ik people are saying "people say this every year" but it's literally been a pandemic the last two years and so many artists delayed concerts, promo and releasing full albums until they can promote properly (even western artists have done this), hence why most people say 2018 was the last "mega" year for music.

• I can't believe I waited 2 years for a RV comeback to end up with Queendom ☠️ Even the EP is ass

BTS songs were so bad it had to be done on purpose to get their stans moving to TXT and Enhypen tbh

Rosé and Lisa, I didn't expect much but still was disappointed too

Twice is the only big group that surprisingly delivered this year, Alcohol-Free served it's purpose and is a refreshing bop. The Feels is trash though and obviously them trying to get their Dynamite

• bgs kinda sucked except Stray Kids; NOEASY is amazing.

big company ggs also didn't impress me too much, but there were some good gg songs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!