Personal issues raised in k-dramas

• Guys, I badly need your help for the research I'm carrying out. We all know that k-dramas contain a great social background and involve various themes (generation gap, family issues, unrequited love etc.) Could you please tell me what kind of issues do you prefer to be raised in k-dramas? Do they actually influence your choice of drama to watch? Thank you all in advace! :borahae::borahae::borahae:

• I usually watch crime/thriller dramas which is mainly about crime world and serious social issues such as violence, poverty etc. Other than that i usually try to watch more slice of life dramas such as My id is gangnam beauty, Hello My Twenties, The light in your eyes, Something in the rain, Reply series, Hospital Playlist etc. Even I appreciate some of web dramas such as A-TEEN, Love playlist because they are not like some cheesy rom coms but tend to be more realistic and show the views of different people very well imo. I would love if the drama is about introvert person and how they deal with everyday life very realistically maybe opposed to someone who is very extroverted. Idk if i am answering your question right tho

• I usually watch crime/thriller dramas which is mainly about crime world and serious social issues such as violence, poverty etc. Other than that i usually try to watch more slice of life dramas such as My id is gangnam beauty, Hello My Twenties, The light in your eyes, Something in the rain, Reply series, Hospital Playlist etc. Even I appreciate some of web dramas such as A-TEEN, Love playlist because they are not like some cheesy rom coms but tend to be more realistic and show the views of different people very well imo. I would love if the drama is about introvert person and how they deal with everyday life very realistically maybe opposed to someone who is very extroverted. Idk if i am answering your question right tho

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was asking for! Also, I added new dramas to my watch-list ^^

• For me Korean dramas always follows the same rules:

Rich disfunctional guy , poor girl, love triangle, kiss!

Boy meets girl,ends up living together and fall in love!

From what I have seen so far I don't like crime, mystery or action kdramas and when it comes to these categories I prefer watching series or movies from States or Europe . A good combination of the above might be "The smile has left her eyes" .

So I really like a good comedy kdrama like "She was pretty", "I am not a robot", "True Beauty", "Thirty but seventeen", "Legend of the blue sea" or "Mr queen"

When I am in a mood for love stories I think "A piece of your mind" and "I'll come to you when the weather is nice" are great.

Some fictional stories that contains Korean traditional elements such as "Doom at your service" and "Goblin"

and I also enjoy clever scripts with stories of creative imagination such as "W" or "Extraordinary you"

add .jpg

Edited 6 times, last by Ohtoke ().

• Omg, thank you so much for sharing your experience and opinion on this topic. I really appreciate your remarks and will use them in my research as well.

P.S. Yeah, k-dramas seem to be so predictable in most of the cases ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!