intl. kpop fans are body positive

• there's kind of a double standard- praising idols for having a different body/figure, but hating/shaming on the ones that are skinnier. if they are completely body positive, they'd accept all shapes and sizes.

true

but what you'll see on the internet is

"wow she put on weight so good ^^ "

"ow she lost a kilogram they must be forcing her at gunpoint :cursing: "

• I would support both

The problem is absolutely no idol need to lose weight. The only one who needed it was Shindong, but he lost enough weight already

If anything they need to gain weight specially girlgroups members. One of things that hold Girlgroups behind Boygroups in dancing performance is not their technique, but the lack of endurance to hold so many awards performance, music shows, concerts and stay able to keep the movements powerful and fast. Get more weight and some muscles right before your comeback and this problem is now solved.

So... why support idols losing weight in first place?

• who decides who needs to lose or gain weight?

not us

all we can do is respect and support their decisions

and about the choreo thing, you're not totally correct

a lot of skinny male idols are perfectly endurant dancers too

it just comes down to men biologically packing way more muscle

• a lot of skinny male idols are perfectly endurant dancers too

it just comes down to men biologically packing way more muscle

Hence why women needs to gain weight to be able to keep their stamina. Women naturally accumulate more fat than men, yet we barely see any sign of fat in female idols. I'm sure a biompedance test may will reveal some of them are under 10% of body fat which is just bonkers

You are right on your assertion of being their decision, but I can't support someone getting more skinny only for the sake of fitting standards, as someone who struggles with eating issues I assure this is not the way to go

• Hence why women needs to gain weight to be able to keep their stamina. Women naturally accumulate more fat than men, yet we barely see any sign of fat in female idols. I'm sure a biompedance test may will reveal some of them are under 10% of body fat which is just bonkers

You are right on your assertion of being their decision, but I can't support someone getting more skinny only for the sake of fitting standards, as someone who struggles with eating issues I assure this is not the way to go

its not always about fitting standards

hell i'd say most of the times its not

its more about you thinking how you should look like ideally and trying to achieve that irl

like someone who grew up skinny is likely to notice when they gain weight and if they dont like what they see, they will try to revert it

i can even talk on personal experience here

when i first started losing weight i was confused how gaunt my face got and for quite a while i was dazed about what i was doing wrong

ive accepted it now but I'm pretty sure there's enough boys who'd start packing on muscle instead

would i blame them for trying to conform to social standards? nah

they just want to be their own ideal self

• The best version of yourself shouldn't include maintain unhealthy levels of body fat either to low or too high

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!