Blackpink and their album sales

• I don't see album sales being important to yg for blackpink the same way it was with bigbang. Well, it's an added bonus(thank you china). But blackpink's biggest strength is digitalst and global touring popularity. Their strengths are very similar to bigbang who are considered longevity kings in kpop. The same way how bigbang was never the best selling boygroup in korea, blackpink also did not start off as best selling girl group even though they were already the no.1 in gg from 2018. So I wouldn't be worried about blackpink's throne based on album sales. New generation takes over it is what it is but blackpink's influence will hardly disappear if they are still together.

• While you are right it is still crazy to me how yg refuses to earn easy cash releasing mini albums for bp more often. Touring is for sure more profitable but considering they are their own distributor they can make well over 10m usd selling a minimum of 1m sales.

This company is alergic to quick cash and wants to do everything at their own pace

• That's YG entire thing tho

Release music & continue to milk the shit out of it lol

They literally released a THE ALBUM photobook ☠️

Not the usual milking. The last 2 years yg selling bp physicals increased a lot. While it coincided with bp's fanbase buying more, i'm sure covid also played a huge part. Treasure also suffered from this.

• album sales were never important for bb, neither were for bp until 2020 when bp sold 1m and yg could not keep up with the preorder numbers

Now that they know bp sell a lot, they milk the fuck out of them. Bp wont sell less bc that has not been tha case before any of their hiatuses, so idk why its even a discussion

• I'm just saying that biggest strength of blackpink is youtube and touring and not sales. Yes they are comfortably outselling rn.

I remember on the old forums, everyone called them the queens of empty stats cos of YT views

As it stands right now, their strength is everything. which includes album sales

• While you are right it is still crazy to me how yg refuses to earn easy cash releasing mini albums for bp more often. Touring is for sure more profitable but considering they are their own distributor they can make well over 10m usd selling a minimum of 1m sales.

This company is alergic to quick cash and wants to do everything at their own pace

Yes it's shocking how slow they are. But they are now pumping out photobooks for easy money. R and lalisa sales were also great :peperich:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!