Do you think they will learn from this??

• Do you think they will learn from this?? 11

1. Yep, no more ugly scandals (0) 0%
    2. Nah, people are doomed to repeat the same mistakes (11) 100%

Do you think the younger generation of idols will learn from their subaes' mistakes??

For example there're so many idols who had DUI (most recently After School Lizzy) and it hindered their career or canceled it altogether

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/09/my-life-is-over-lizzy-apologizes-in-tears-for-causing-dui-accident-during-instagram-live

Then there're bullying scandals inside the goups like AOA and April. Now at least about AOA we know it wasn't like Mina described but still there was obviously a huge communication issue between them if nothing else...and in the end Mina basically canceled herself because she was unable to stop lying...about April I'm not sure...

Then attitude and power triping scandals like Irene or Seo Yea Ji

And don't let me get started on Seungri, Kris or oh boy JYJ Yoochun

I'm not bringing up school bullying on purpose because there has been too many false accusations tho some were true so it would be nice if kids learnt that their behaviour in school can affect their future life

So my question is, do you think younger idols won't end up in such mess because they saw all the shit going down on their sunbaes? I'm not that naive to think these scandals would teach all younger idols to be better humans but maybe from selfish reasons they will act more decently?? :pepe-use-head:   :pepe-clown-gear:

Caitlyn Vi Vi Caitlyn GIF - Caitlyn Vi Vi Caitlyn Arcane - Discover & Share  GIFs

Edited once, last by _Dalnim ().

• No one will learn except the labels, they will only learn on how to hide bad attitudes more.

That is the most likely scenario. The more they master hiding this kind of stuff, the uglier it may become tho so maybe these scandals will actually have the oposite effect than I'm hoping for :pepe-peek:

• every new generations wants the right to make their own mistakes :cheersc:

Idk...it would be nice if we didn't have any more DUI scandals...I don't think anybody has a right to do that kind of "mistake"

If they don't know it's a horrible thing to do, they should at least think how horribly it'll affect their carriers lol

• There have been scandals since the beginning of kpop and there will be scandals till the end

Very true....these past 2 years seem to be exceptionally bad tho but then we have much more idols than 15 years ago so it makes sense we have more scandals

• Idk...it would be nice if we didn't have any more DUI scandals...I don't think anybody has a right to do that kind of "mistake"

If they don't know it's a horrible thing to do, they should at least think how horribly it'll affect their carriers lol

o.o" well doing that is pretty much against the law in most countries I would assume, so they really do not have the right to do it. But it will ofc still never stop, its not like this is an idol issue

• o.o" well doing that is pretty much against the law in most countries I would assume, so they really do not have the right to do it. But it will ofc still never stop, its not like this is an idol issue

Yeah I know but it basically ruins their image and hinders their careers more than when it happens to non celebrity people so I was just thinking that after they see what it does to their sunbaes careers they would be more careful but yeab they will probably still end up doing it :pepenomad:

• Noooo.

They will continue to get overblown egos and think they are way too loved/clever/protected/invincible to get caught.

They will continue to be slaves to their hormones/addictions/peer pressure.

And anti's will continue to try and set them up.

• And the cycle continues...we humans are doomed really :peperain:

• Here's the thing... the audience plays into the drama and the controversy just as much, if not more than, the artists themselves.

Like in the whole Mina thing, I think there are a lot of people who are, at the very least, self-centered in that whole fiasco. Like it's just... shockingly unethical to me for all these witnesses to watch Jimin's career implode in front of their faces and not say one damn thing in her defense for a year.

It reminds me of Woojin talking about how he's shocked at getting in a big controversy for something that's just untrue. You can't even say that companies need to filter out "bad attitudes" because you don't even have to do something wrong to get ruined. It's part of the reason I'm skeptical of all these randos coming out of the woodwork to claim that so-and-so was a bad person a decade ago... maybe they were, but maybe you're just a bored asshole today.

Like what happened to Tablo. Even when he proved he graduated from Stanford, people continued to harass him and accuse him of faking his degree for years. I don't know how you prevent that. Not on the artist side anyway.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I agree this is definitely a big problem too but that's why I was trying to talk more about the actual controversies which were true. I know I brought up AOA situation as well but that was because I was trying to make a point about how lies are also dangerous for idols so maybe they could learn from Mina's situation.

About Mina - Jimin fiasco , I understand why people where quiet at the beginning, the whole public turned their backs on Jimin, I doubt anyone would listen back then and well Mina was also treating them with suicide so imagine they fight back and she really kills herself, there would be no way back for not only Jimin but rest of the girls and FNC too. Instead they let her self destruct so a year later, most of the people following the situation closely (let's no talk about Mina's stans with one brain cell) were able to see through Mina's lies. There is also a possibility Jimin was thinking that if she leaves, Mina would calm down and AOA could continue without her....this whole situation is just terrible really

About Woojin, I don't know as I wasn't following the situation but yeah false accustations and public which hunt are a very big problem so I know sometimes you can try all you want and your image is destroyed either way but then there're real scandals which could have been avoided if some of the idols I mentioned weren't assholes :fingerk:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!