Does JYP ever read the comments on their groups?

• Do they ever read?

After ICSM, a time where twice got so much hate because they couldn't reach some of the crazy high notes they had, JYP instead decided to give them a song with a more suitable range. Which is great. The problem is...there's no background vocals and the instrumental is really empty?

Why would he do that? Background vocals can help hide pitch corrections and minor wobbles, but now TWICE vocals are out bare and free, especially during the members with the most criticized vocal parts?

It's like they were setting Twice up. I saw a recommended TWICE ICSM encore and then an Alcohol Free encore and the Alcohol Free one was obviously much better but it was WAYYY easier to find mistakes in the Alcohol Free encore. I wish they'd done something in the middle.

And then ITZY....Lia is getting really bashed and she's def not the worst main vocalist, I'm saying this as an Aespa fan. Since the beginning. The tracks aren't really helping the artists with criticism :////

The songs are all great though.

• I'm wondering if JYPE's itch for having super high notes in their girl groups will be ameliorated somewhat by having Nina available. Those really high notes in ICSM were also present in PopnShkn and TaP. And while Nina can sing the highest they have 2 other girls doing the background ad-libs super high pitch notes besides her.

• i think all companies read comments for sure, esepcially these receptions are their market information in devising strategy for the artists and company itself.

But yea, in JYP case, he focused too much on creating the song he wants to potray without thinking about implication for artists - e.g. tiredness on stage, performance, ability to hit those notes etc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!