Which phase in an idol's journey interests you the most?

• Which phase in an idol's journey interests you the most? 10

1. Predebut/Rookies days/2nd year (6) 60%
    2. middle of career/peak in successful groups (4) 40%
    3. Final group years (0) 0%
    4. Solo careers/acting (0) 0%

Usually (there's exceptions) idols start getting into individual careers after 5-7 years, and do solo albums and go into acting. Personally I'm not into that. I used to stan Girls' Day Minah but after a while I wasn't interested in her solo stuff. I preferred her when her focus was main vocalist of Girls Day. I like the excitement of an idol group working up from rookies towards their goals. The middle part (whether they stagnate or become successful) isn't as fun imo even if they hit big, I'm not someone to care about excessive achievements of others.

• I'm most interested in their life after kpop tbh. Some flourish like Dara even without the same level of popularity they make bank with investments, cfs and varities, some maintain their popularity with successful solo careers like taeyeon but majority fall off even the S tier idols that were considered untouchable in first and second gen...

I wish there was a way this wouldn't happen but their solo careers just don't hit like they used to when they were in a group...following an idols career choices after the peak of their fame and return to almost normalcy is very fascinating to me.

Desbundar

• First couple years aka the rookie years.

There's a special excitement to those early years. Before it becomes old hat and idols/companies lose interest and their eagerness....before it becomes routine.

They also tend to be the most group oriented years, where there's a real sense of striving and living and promoting as one big close knit family. This can wane to varying degrees as the group matures and members want to branch out and the company goes more into autopilot and maintenance mode.

I also tend to often enjoy the music and ethos groups put out early. On average. There's something about those initial years. When there's more of a top down company vision for the group (before the experimentation and so called maturation).

It all comes together in a way I most enjoy.

I've been that perspective with both my favorite groups. SNSD and TWICE.

Their early periods are most special and enjoyable to me.

• The middle of the career is when we get to enjoy the group's content the most. By that time, idols have enough experience performing on stage in front of an audience, so their performances are more enjoyable. And it's just been a few years, so they aren't completely exhausted and are willing to put all their efforts in the work.

Idk if it's a coincidence, but they release the best music during this time period. Rookies are just rookies. And during the end years, companies stop giving the group enough attention so they don't get the best music either. As for solos, I find it nearly impossible to like all the member's solo work. Almost always, solos never give the same vibe as the group's content which is why we stan them in the first place.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!