[western music] Was pop punk overrated?

• Not implying it doesn't still exist, but it seemed to be super popular from the 90s to mid 2000s at least in the west. Then trends come and go, and some fans wish that type of music would be popular and mainstream again on the scale it was during its peak. Was it really that good or are a lot of people looking through rose-colored glasses? I myself like some songs, but I'm no expert

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• A lot of songs aged poorly but there are some that beat the test of time and aged really well. It was a fun era but when you look back at some of the lyrics...

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• could you tell me some songs that aged well?

A lot of Green Day music, less punky songs by Paramore, a lot of FOB songs... Alkaline Trio, too.

There were a lot of slut shamey songs in that era unfortunately. Is Avril pop punk? Her music was mostly cute and less problematic.

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Pop Punk was overrated , mainly because it was an incredibly designed product like the poppier counterparts of the time which were more shunned for the usual manufactured pop idol image when the bands had the same thing going for them.I have a vague dislike for pop-punk because it's forged authenticity that says it's not fake, and that bugs me at least.

Still I like some of it, PATD if they count were great in their prime and I won't deny jamming to FOB's Dance Dance whenever it comes on shuffle. Avril Lavigne is pop punk I would say and she's pretty much a key part of my childhood. Let's not even get into how much I enjoy the offspring and Blink-182, they just capture such youthful pain if you know what I mean.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!