The reason why I refuse to watch another Mnet Show(GP999)

• If Mnet made some good changes like reducing the drama and evil-editing, I might have given it a chance. I'm a sucker for survival shows, despite all the bad stuff with them. But why couldn't Mnet at least make it more about friendship like how the chinese and japanese shows had? Seeing a few clips of GP999 is like watching PD48 again. I don't buy the argument that ''drama sells''. Look at Chuang, YWY and Produce 101 Japan.

• I think it's more they don't want to. You remember the UHSN show with PD48 Chiba Erii in it? Despite not being a survival show, they didn't mess that up and it turned out pretty well.

UHSN never had the attention of the Korean GP like PD48.

Unfortunately, the spike of interest from the evil-editing "scandal" involving Fu Yaning and Choi Yujin helps support MNET's strategy.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• They don't even bother to hide the fact that they edit the footage. During SMTM the judges spoke a lot about evil-editing and that they ask MNET to stop doing it, but MNET actually used that footage like "mmm, negative publicity, we want it, talk more about how shitty we are". As long it generates their ratings and a share of the group profit, they don't care. I stopped watching MNET's SS too, it's always rigged. I only watch SMTM, but the last season was so staged, that it became soooo boring and annoying.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!