Will a rivalless BTS continue to rule the world?

• As of now, the only remaining rival of BTS is Adele.

BTS brought its biggest rival in Korea, IU, into submission when IU asked Suga to give a song, although IU immediately rebelled by cutting Suga's lines in a video perf.

And its biggest rival outside of Korea, Ed Sheeran, kind of submitted to BTS ' power when he gave the Permission to Dance song.

With both the biggest threat from home and away now kind of , at least, docile against BTS, it has no rival on world save maybe Adele, whose album date gets delayed again and again.

Do you think they will continue to rule the world for a long time, or do you think they will implode?

Some people are in the school that you need rivals to remain coherent, while I am not in that school I think Rivals just sap your energy.

• And its biggest rival outside of Korea, Ed Sheeran, kind of submitted to BTS ' power when he gave the Permission to Dance song.

It wasn't even the first time he wrote a song for them.

• BTS don't really have a rival.

As for Adele, I'm sure her next album will do well, but I don't think it will be on the same level as 25. Song and album sales have fallen into oblivion since 2015. I think she will probably sell a fraction of what she used to, although she will undoubtedly have higher streaming than before.

• And AKMU rebels against IU, by singing her parts in performances of Nakka.

Kpop is indeed dog eat dog.

World-rule? truly many philosophies do hold that the "World" exists only in our minds. And it is IU who rules Whyknock's world.Every event in every other world is measured only by IU, as far as whyknock is considered.

Like Cato the senior, Whyknock's motto is 'IU delenda est - IU must be destroyed' or its variations.

IU has been destroyed

IU has been defeated

IU has submitted

IU has been neutralized.

I am only surprised that you have not started a Tajinyo for IU.

But anyway, even if BTS is at the moment the most popular/selling musical act in the world, the reigns in art world are extremely fleeting. So celebrate the moment, and even if they aren't, still it has been impressive run.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• For a while, sure.

You know enough about History to know that even the most powerful empire eventually fall... BTS is not different but I can't really see an actual rival for them right now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!