PREDICT: Will RV’s new song do as good as Aespa Next Level digitally?

• They will go top 10 for sure. (if mafia in the morning can, any big 3 can imo)

longevity just depends on SM as they can get weird with RV releases, it wont top NL though, not sure even BP will on a domestic scale

• I expect RV's album sales will see a huge increase (if SM won't miscalculate and have the albums go 'out of stock' within a day, as they often allow to happen for some of their groups and artists X( ).

But regarding RV's digitals, that depends on the song that's been selected and how SM will promote RV with this comeback.

Although I expect that RV will a see a significant boost in Spotify monthly listeners, like usually happens with comebacks of K-pop groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Zimzalabim was a flop. Why did you include that for the second option?

RV is very dependent on the song for chart performance so can't predict. Anyways i hope the song is good irrespective of how it performs. Its been so long.

It's not not totally dependent on the song. RBB, ZZB, UU, Power Up aren't that different from each other. Even Aespa's Next Level would have been classified as a noisy song made up of different parts like RBB, but it ended up doing even better than Psycho.

There are other factors:

- mood of the public

- if something goes viral

- chart manipulation

- competition from other songs on the charts

- hype

- word of mouth

- luck

Realize that people knew about Brave Girls' Rollin since 2017 because there was some controversy regarding it's MV and concept. People on comments said the song was actually good. But it just didn't click yet.

But now Korea is in a different state of mind with the corona and lockdowns, economic issues. And in a way Rollin represented the good times. So it just exploded with the help of a video.

tldr: a song doesn't exist in a vacuum. There's a a lot of other factors interacting and affecting how it does on the charts

• Power Up is not the same as Umpah and Zimzalabim. I remember Power Up stayed on the Melon homepage two month. It was always #1 until BTS CB came along. Yes, it did not stay in the top 10 for long, but since it is a summer song, it is normal for it to drop. I think experimental songs are popular these days. If SM gaved catchy title song in a nice-sounding way, RV might stay in the top 10. New Chart is more reliable than old Melon. In the old Melon the song was falling fast. Now once it's in it doesn't fall off easily

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!