Sageuk recommendations

• Hi everyone!

I started watching k drama around 10 years ago, forgot about it for a few years and since last year I'm catching up.

My favorite genre is sageuk :pepelove1: so far I've watched:

• My Sassy girl (it started funny then it was a bit meh then it was ok in the end)
    • Kingdom (waiting for it to continue)
    • 100 years my prince (loved it!)

I started The Tale of Nokdu, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, and River Where the Moon Rises. Watched the 1st episode of each one but I don't know which one to continue. I don't like too much politics or too much silly drama, just a nice balance.

So does anyone have any recommendations for sageuk? Many thanks :)

PS: I also watched The bride of the water god (disappointing :( ), Goblin, Love Rain, Reply 1988, and started Tale of the nine tailed.

• Go to Best Answer
  • but you want only historical/fictional kdrama set in "joseon era" or you want any good kdrama that you might missed?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• but you want only historical/fictional kdrama set in "joseon era" or you want any good kdrama that you might missed?

It doesn't have to be during Joseon, it can be before too :) I'm not a fan of cop shows etc so sageuk and/or fantasy for me only :) thanks!

• Chuno is my favorite sageuk and it's a massively famous/popular show in SK

Great acting from Jang Hyuk, very famous music (if you watch Korean variety shows you'd have across some of the pieces) and great action sets.

One of my favourite kdramas.

• The Princess' Man (2011)

My favorite sageuk of all time.

It is the standard I hold other sageuks to.

Epic, exhilarating, poetic, beautiful, and romantic.

I've never been so enthralled with a story as this.

Essentially a Joseon era Romeo and Juliet retooled to a fictionalized version of the rise of King Sejo (the real Korean king).

Trailer:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OST (so beautiful)

External Content youtu.be

• I have this on my to-watch list since I fell in love with Moon Chae Won. I am done watching all her movies now i am moving to her dramas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!