BTS, THE BEST is now the best selling album by a Korean group on Oricon, EVER

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• best selling without a repack right?

I think a korean group surpassed a million with a repack

No, SNSD got a RIAJ million certification with a repack, but they had 872k sales on Oricon.

So BTS, THE BEST is now the best selling album, with or without repack, on Oricon, for Korean groups.

• best selling without a repack right?

I think a korean group surpassed a million with a repack

Repack? I don't think things like repack exist in Japan market lol. Cmiiw. Anyway this is a pretty old list, but this this the top 5 best selling album in Oricon (by Korean acts):

1. BoA Valenti 01/29/2003 1,249,197

2. BoA Best of Soul 02/02/2005 1,060,039

3. BoA Listen To My Heart 03/12/2002 931,742

4. Girls Generation 06/01/2011 872,401

5. KARA Super Girl 11/23/2011 746,681

• Repacks do exist and that SNSD japanese album here is combined with its repack!

• Repacks do exist and that SNSD japanese album here is combined with its repack!

• BTS, THE BEST showing that BTS is the best.

No, SNSD got a RIAJ million certification with a repack, but they had 872k sales on Oricon.

I personally didn't even know that there is a thing like "repackage" before kpop. I honestly don't like it. Fans can use it all they want to make their faves look bigger than they are but atleast these Academies should know better. Two different albums with different content are not the same. Expected better from RIAJ. I think GAON doesn't do this, right?

Nothing against Soshi.

• BTS, THE BEST showing that BTS is the best.

I personally didn't even know that there is a thing like "repackage" before kpop. I honestly don't like it. Fans can use it all they want to make their faves look bigger than they are but atleast these Academies should know better. Two different albums with different content are not the same. Expected better from RIAJ. I think GAON doesn't do this, right?

Nothing against Soshi.

Yes, especially kpop repacks, which are basically a new albums, with new title track, new packaging etc. They should be counted separately and they are, by Hanteo, by Gaon and by everyone except stans of a certain company.

Gaon doesnt combine repacks, not for their chart and not for certifications. Anyone claiming sales numbers that arent combined on the charts and achievements they arent certified for, are lying.

• Yes, especially kpop repacks, which are basically a new albums, with new title track, new packaging etc. They should be counted separately and they are, by Hanteo, by Gaon and by everyone except stans of a certain company.

Gaon doesnt combine repacks, not for their chart and not for certifications. Anyone claiming sales numbers that arent combined on the charts and achievements they arent certified for, are lying.

Yes i saw it here. Official bodies dont count them as one but some fans combine them lol.

Anyways congrats to BTS. So what your prediction of its overall total worldwide at year end? 1.3 million!

• It’s how MOTS7 could of been their first 1M seller in Japan if they just would of named it MOTS7 (Japanese Version)... that’s why I hate repacks with different names!

• Yes i saw it here. Official bodies dont count them as one but some fans combine them lol.

Anyways congrats to BTS. So what your prediction of its overall total worldwide at year end? 1.3 million!

Over a million is already confirmed, but I guess it depends on how IFPI weighs it. It seems locked for top 10 pure sales list, definitely.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!