Tabasco vs Sriracha hot sauce

• I agree AGV isn't spicy at all, but I really like the flavor.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one. I feel like I've seen it before. Do you know if all the varieties are equally spicy?

Ning Chi varieties have a different level of spiciness. The one I like best contains shrimp which you can't eat because of being a vegetarian. If you find the brand, try the soybean one.

• Trivia: Original Sriracha sauce must be produced by Sriracha Panich. It is a company based in Sriracha, Thailand, and is the first to produce such sauce in mass scale. The sauce gets its name after this company.

ShotType1_540x540.jpg

But, Sriracha sauce contains vinegar and sour? The Thai dips deep fried food in it and it is even available in any branch of KFC in Thailand. It is the best match for Thai style omelet.

For spicy seasoning/sauces, aside from Sriracha sauce, aka chilli sauce in Thailand, we have

Chili vinegar - ground fresh chili pickled in vinegar, nothing more or less.

6b29cf25cd5d42c53f1ff3bee76168d6

This is a must seasoning for noodle soup in Thailand. You can make this seasoning by finely blended chili with vinegar and store it in a closed vessel overnight. You can treat it as cheap tabasco.

Chili fish sauce - chopped chili pickled in fish sauce

33f91df38daf87b3a70b9ea0ee4eb012

A classic seasoning for Thai rice dishes.

Chicken dipping

ShotType1_540x540.jpg

This tastes like vinegar-less Sriracha sauce. It is usually served next to grilled or fried chicken. The most popular brand is this one, Maepranom.

Suki sauce

ShotType1_540x540.jpg

This is the seasoning for Cantonese hotpot. It is a back story why Cantonese hotpot is called Suki in Thailand. Hotpot did not exist in Canton. A Cantonese man running a Contonese restaurant in Bangkok visited Japan and impressed with Japanese hotpot called sukiyaki. When he came back to Bangkok, he started selling hotpot with Cantonese seasoning and named it "suki".

The best-selling suki sauce is this very brand, Pantai.

Also, they are dozens varieties of spicy rice seasoning so called "namprik".

1385973078-450250-o.jpg

For chili oil lover, you should try Thai variant of it called "nam prik pao"

314-20200823080015-59586088718012500.jpg

It is an essential ingredient for "tomyam" and is good as bread spread. The best selling brand is this one, Maepranom.

• This is the Sriracha that is available in all supermarkets in the US. It does not have vinegar in the ingredient.

I'll look for the Thai version next time I'm in the Asian market.

• This is the Sriracha that is available in all supermarkets in the US. It does not have vinegar in the ingredient.

I'll look for the Thai version next time I'm in the Asian market.

I knew that the Sriracha sauce known oversea was the Vietnamese one with rooster on it. I saw it on the shelf of a domestic supermarket and the ingredients were similar to Thai ones but the price doubled so, I put it down.

I remember its ingredients included vinegar but, the ratio and the type of vinegar used might be different hence milder sourness. Thai Sriracha sauce rather is labeled as "chili sauce" so, you may not see Thai Sriracha sauce in the market.

• I dont like either much

I prefer fresh chillies to bite on the side

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!