Red velvet should disband once their contract is over this year. Only Seulgi and Yeri should stay with SM.

• First for Wendy; she is talented singer and passionate about music. i think she cares more about music and will be happier under a smaller label as solo artist where she can make the type of music she likes; even if she may not chart or sell as well. Also she has always been treated unfairly by SM and she doesn't have many brand deals anyway to make it worth it to stick with SM.

Next irene; with her scandal; even if she returns people will give her hard time. i would rather she starts her own business or work in musicals and eventually get into acting.

Joy i want her to join an acting agency. With SM; she gets a lot of brand endorsements being beautiful and popular; but right now she is 24; and a good time to switch to acting where she can focus on acting and not get lost with the modeling deals.

Seulgi and Yeri are the ones who should re sign with SM. Seulgi is the idol of idols well rounded and ready since a long time for solo career. She will also benefit from brand deals as soloist under SM. Yeri is only 22 now and even if she resign for another 3 years; she will be still be 25. Yeri is also the least popular member but she is also stunning and if she continues under SM; she will get endorsement deals and acting or MCing jobs from where she can further establish her career.

• I don't think there's an agency that can do better than what SM is doing for Red Velvet individually.

But, it's their life so it's their choice to make.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Or... and this is a crazy idea.. they can do what THEY want instead.

• Making Joy abandoned her singing career is a weird take. Her solo did pretty well and her ost also chart pretty well. At the end of the day they’ll do what’s best for them. All of them have the potential to sustain a career outside the group. We just have to wait and see what happens

• Interesting. But maybe let the girls themselves decide whatever they want, since it's their lives and careers :/

So far, they're quite fruitful in building their own individual careers next to their group careers, which is more than can be said for most other groups, incl most of the top groups :-)

Seulgi, Irene and Wendy experienced album sales that dwarfed the sales of most full groups, and Joy has had some song charting this and last year aside from solid album sales.

On top of that, they've been able to show off their vocal and dance talents even more in their individual debuts with some great songs, performances, MV's and albums :yesr:

:akorns::flying:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• pretty sure their contracts won't be over this year.. SM does 10-year contracts even Exo's isn't over yet...

I’m pretty sure they don’t have a 10-year contract. Korean law was passed in 2010 which prohibited what was termed a “slave contract” (contracts where idols were signed to labels for 10 years and got minimal pay). After the law was pased, the longest contract duration allowed was 7 years.

Edit: I don’t know when Exo made their debut. If you say they have a 10-year contract, they could have signed it before the law was passed.

• I’m pretty sure they don’t have a 10-year contract. Korean law was passed in 2010 which prohibited what was termed a “slave contract” (contracts where idols were signed to labels for 10 years and got minimal pay). After the law was pased, the longest contract duration allowed was 7 years.

Edit: I don’t know when Exo made their debut. If you say they have a 10-year contract, they could have signed it before the law was passed.

they debuted in 2012 so I doubt

• I’m pretty sure they don’t have a 10-year contract. Korean law was passed in 2010 which prohibited what was termed a “slave contract” (contracts where idols were signed to labels for 10 years and got minimal pay). After the law was pased, the longest contract duration allowed was 7 years.

rumor is theres clause that if you promote oversea sm can extend it for 3 years and that adds to 10 years,jessica mentioned it also in her book

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!