Official Digital Thread

• Taeyeon’s ost for Jirisan went unnoticed Despite ratings of the drama. Could be a similar situation with lee min ho’s the king drama. A strong ost line-up but it just went pass by

I don’t think any Jirisan OST releases have made any impact in the chart at all except Jin at the beginning. (And then kinda fades away fast)

The show has an okay rating but the reception so far is pretty mixed…start at 10% but now 7-8%

Also, no proper promotion for any songs tbh. We learn about the lineup around 2-3 months ago and then nothing at all up until 1 day before the song released.

And with SMTM dominates the chart, it’s harder for new songs to make impact. At least Taeyeon’s charts in Bugs/Genie and Melon realtime though.

• RV didn't do better than Twice with Queendom versus Alcohol Free.

That shouldn't even be a narrative.

For Twice, domestically speaking Feel Special was mistake number one and More and More mistake number two.

Its not a narrative, pretty sure queenDdom had more weeks in top10 and so far it has done better

P.s: I just check every charts and it charting better that af, even twice new cmb is closer to queenDdom that af (who is not charting in some charts)

It did perform better, so wdym :whatb:

• JYP ggs used to be so strong on the charts and now they are either mid or complete flops. Even when JYP was financially doing bad they weren't so low on gp attention.

Very interested to see if jypn debuts with a smash or not. Maybe it'll be modest and later bigger and better performances on kcharts.

・‥…━☆【L】【U】【D】【A】☆━…‥・

33d4795c2570aa6682b14e479779d12544b7ff7a.png 278a3224099a3f7086eb92022457d19e036d4eaf.png f2e27efa29a833845ceb7be13c9c86d8e35956ce.png

• JYP ggs used to be so strong on the charts and now they are either mid or complete flops. Even when JYP was financially doing bad they weren't so low on gp attention.

Very interested to see if jypn debuts with a smash or not. Maybe it'll be modest and later bigger and better performances on kcharts.

I think they will do well bc there is a lot of attention for them and knetz like shiny new things, it's the cmb after that who define things imo (and the following ones bc hype seem to decrease as time goes by if we go by itzy path)

• Regarding hwasas new song, i always had the feeling it got big mainly because she was already the "it" girl during that period, with all her variety shows apperances etc. I might be wrong but feels like shes not really at that level currently, hence the perfomance of her latest song.

• I think they will do well bc there is a lot of attention for them and knetz like shiny new things, it's the cmb after that who define things imo (and the following ones bc hype seem to decrease as time goes by if we go by itzy path)

That's why big debuts can be tricky. If your comeback can't live up then it looks like the group is falling off.

・‥…━☆【L】【U】【D】【A】☆━…‥・

33d4795c2570aa6682b14e479779d12544b7ff7a.png 278a3224099a3f7086eb92022457d19e036d4eaf.png f2e27efa29a833845ceb7be13c9c86d8e35956ce.png

• Its not a narrative, pretty sure queenDom had more weeks in top10 and so far it has done better

Weeks in the top 10 is relative to competition. Its UL's or digital points were not as good as Alcohol Free i.e. the actual amount of listeners and streams in the same time period.

Its UL's have been lower than Alcohol Free for pretty much the entirety of its run other than the start which isn't surprising considering they came back after so long (even then, their peak UL's did not match Alcohol Free's despite that). The Gaon points will show you something similar.

9zrQwhG.png

• Weeks in the top 10 is relative to competition. Its UL's or digital points were not as good as Alcohol Free i.e. the actual amount of listeners and streams in the same time period.

Its UL's have been lower than Alcohol Free for pretty much the entirety of its run other than the start which isn't surprising considering they came back after so long (even then, their peak UL's did not match Alcohol Free's despite that). The Gaon points will show you something similar.

9zrQwhG.png

Wrll queendom is charting higher everywhere than af. Don't get me wrong, neither are hits but by the charts qd seem to have fair better

It's the context of said cmb, RV cmb from a hiatus and scandal and did ok while twice didn't have neither and they just keep doing average to bad

RV will have other cmb (from what I hear so we need to know how that goes) but going by scientist, twice record just keep doing bad. Both are under omg as of now digitally, who is under BP, basically just those 4 groups for 3rd gen that still chart decently

• Whatever i-fans think of how good a song is it doesnt really matter. Its whether the korean gp likes it or not and so it can be the worst song in the world in ur opinion but still be a huge hit in korea becos koreans like it. Feel special is a good example of it.

Twice were never going to sustain their cute songs as they grow older imo. The artist themselves dont want to keep doing the same thing, and the public cant see them as the same image anymore. They were going to transition sooner or later, whether the transition was going to be successful or not was the question. And in Skor, it doesnt look like it.

The only problem is that ppl still apply the same standards for them now, even though they dont apply the same standard to anyone else bar Blackpink. Red Velvet a prime example. If u look at it that way, no one is ever going to be happy with Twice's performance in korea.

• Weeks in the top 10 is relative to competition. Its UL's or digital points were not as good as Alcohol Free i.e. the actual amount of listeners and streams in the same time period.

9zrQwhG.png

You can make these graphs on guysome? 8|

• Wrll queendom is charting higher everywhere than af. Don't get me wrong, neither are hits but by the charts qd seem to have fair better

It's the context of said cmb, RV cmb from a hiatus and scandal and did ok while twice didn't have neither and they just keep doing average to bad

RV will have other cmb (from what I hear so we need to know how that goes) but going by scientist, twice record just keep doing bad. Both are under omg as of now digitally, who is under BP, basically just those 4 groups for 3rd gen that still chart decently

But chart position is relative. Even then it's not charting higher everywhere in the same time frame (obviously now because Queendom came out months after).

I agree neither are hits but Queendom did not do better than Alcohol Free. It's like saying if you had two 100m heats, in one a runner finished 5th in 10 seconds, in another a runner finished 4th in 11 seconds, the runner that finished 4th is quicker. Logically it doesn't hold as it's relative to competition.

L65XsAp.png

• When did I mention music? All I said is that JYPE decided to change the point choregraphy for something harder prolly cause the girls didn't want to do it anymore or cause they say all the hate these dances got

• RV didn't do better than Twice with Queendom versus Alcohol Free.

That shouldn't even be a narrative.

For Twice, domestically speaking Feel Special was mistake number one and More and More mistake number two.

Feel special dug the hole and More & More sealed the casket.

ICSM did slightly better on the longevity part, but like very slightly. AF had a good start and was quite stable in the top 20 but it fell very quickly towards the end of summer and the new chart didn't help at all.

IIRC, the song was charting the same as Fancy after around 50 days

• I wonder which 4th gen boy group will be the first to deliver a hit song domestically.

I used to think Treasure as YG groups usually start off with a bang (pun intended) but the public just don't seem interested in them at all. These loud bg's I have no idea about, JYPE haven't delivered a boy group hit in years.

TXT have the best bg song this year for me (I Know I Love You) and in general I think have put out the best boy group music irrespective of generations in the last 12-18 months. Rooting for them to do it but if you don't get it early on when you have the anticipation it's difficult to get back.

One of the 4th gen groups need to go viral in some way.

• I feel like if anyone were to do it atp it'd be The Boyz(especially since their fandom seems to be growing?) but yeah I think going viral would be the only way any 4th gen group would snatch a hit at this point.

I also assumed Treasure would be the one to have a hit but it looks like they're focusing on fandom now rather than the general public. And I think the Seungri scandal probably ruined that chance of a hit for them too.

simple is best, less is more, you know?

11e516a792150f6540d90d53678de41ace1e44b8.gifv

f40054c42e9ef85c6e47a82e59ba888596baed05.gifv

169143a18b386a11b1c962f3a6fe08f8a19ca8cc.gifv

2fb23437a8bd5515cd73f2a8aeef04526e998de7.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!