I like the new directions SM is taking.......

• By giving much more freedom to their artist in what they are releasing

- The lyrics of Wendy album were based on what she wanted to say and the message she wrote to the lyricist, they aren't lyrics generic lyrics where Wendy didn't have her words to say

- Joy choose the concept of her MV and choose herself the song she wanted to remake for her album

- They let Taeyong upload hiw own self produce song on soundclound

- they let Kun upload songs he produce or Re-arrange on WayV channel, they even let him upload video showing the whole process

- they let NCT members upload dance video that they choregraph themselves, or video that they shoot themselves

- they let SM artist collaborate in taeyong song, even if they aren't feature on any SM album etc...

- Seulgi took part in composing and writing lyrics for her collaboration with Taeyong

- They let Ningning self produce song be upload on Weibo

- they let Giselle write her own rap for her pre-debut teaser

I don't know if the CEO of SM or if some people who were in the headquarters of SM change , but I notice a lot of change in SM promotion since 2020, and you can see it even more in 2021

and it prove that it's working base on the recent success of all the SM act who release something this year

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Image Image

• Too bad allkpop doesn't archive the forums permanently. I could find the post where I raised the concern about how SM acts should be given more room for more artistic freedom/expression like 1-2 forum "upgrades" ago. Who says people aren't listening in our little global village?

• I’ve been noticing this too! SM has been on a roll lately with their artists comebacks and success. Let’s hope they keep the momentum going!

• From what I understood, some of the SM management changed somewhere in the midst of large year?

I noticed some changes too since then:

- they were quick to extinguish once and for all the vile rumor mongering that was directed towards Taeyong for many years (!), by addressing all the fake news and outright lies by his anonymous online accusers

- they reacted quickly on other rumors targeting (EXO?) members

- Seulgi and Irene had a debut as debuts and comebacks should, with a lot of additional performance videos, teasers and promotions

- MV's started to appear more and more with subs

So overall, SM people seemed more active and on the ball since then, where before they were often slow and ineffective in their reaction towards rumors and slander and in their approach to promotions.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• yeah NCT dream are also much more promoted compare to before

before if they didn't promote they didn't have any content

but lately they gave them some content on NCT daily even when they were on break

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

Image Image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!