Difference between the two

• Recently I saw someone uploaded something about the Korean industry so-called 'invisible class line/hierarchy/status' and goes on saying the hierarchy is just like:

1. Actors/Actresses

2. Singers

3. Idols

4. Entertainers

5. Comedians

I pretty much understand what she said, but what is the difference between an entertainer and a comedian in the Korean industry? :/:/

• I think entertainer is more of the host-type, the ones who host shows etc. whereas comedians are the ones who act in slapstick comedies and stand-ups etc? I could be wrong though

I also thought like that but in Korean industry many comedians became entertainers just like Yoo Jae Suk, Shin Dongyup, Ji Suk Jin and many more.

such as this is entertainer?

I don't think so. What I referring to here is the 'entertainer' is someone in the Korean entertainment industry and won an award from some of the Korean entertainment like TV's broadcast entertainment award show or Baeksang Arts Award.

The one that you post also known as an entertainer ^^^^

• I also thought like that but in Korean industry many comedians became entertainers just like Yoo Jae Suk, Shin Dongyup, Ji Suk Jin and many more.

I don't think so. What I referring to here is the 'entertainer' is someone in the Korean entertainment industry and won an award from some of the Korean entertainment like TV's broadcast entertainment award show or Baeksang Arts Award.

The one that you post also known as an entertainer ^^^^

Yes-s-s, so I guess it is interchangeable, if you become a good enough comedian you can become a full-fledged entertainer ig

• just remember just because you are in one of the categories doesn't mean that you will automatically be respected...

as people have mentioned lots of entertainers are very respected while nugu actors and actresses are not...

• just remember just because you are in one of the categories doesn't mean that you will automatically be respected...

as people have mentioned lots of entertainers are very respected while nugu actors and actresses are not...

Yeah, but a lot of comedians are not that well respected in the industry itself. YJS might look respected among the Korean public, but not in the industry. It still actor/actress that always been looked up

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!