When your fave youtube-channel goes downhill

• I watched a channel hosted by a Asian woman who grew up in Europe and it was pretty entertaining cause she did a lot different stuff like "Is it worth to work as driver for a pizza-delivery", "Can you make much money with resale", "How companys trick you by making packages of food smaller but prizes more expensive", "how can you save money by making your own decorations",... and now after a bit over 1 almost 2 years she left and 2 months passed since than and they have a new host and ... he looks lexactly like the dudes on TikTok and talks like them... pierced ears, heavy painted eyebrows, long extremly fluffy blonde dyed hair, allways smiling, character like if he had some "happy making drugs" and I'm heavly concerned for that YT-channel o.o

Reasons why Youtube-channels hosted by TV-stations often flop - it's the MC/host and his/her entire personality

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I watched a channel hosted by a Asian woman who grew up in Europe and it was pretty entertaining cause she did a lot different stuff like "Is it worth to work as driver for a pizza-delivery", "Can you make much money with resale", "How companys trick you by making packages of food smaller but prizes more expensive", "how can you save money by making your own decorations",... and now after a bit over 1 almost 2 years she left and 2 months passed since than and they have a new host and ... he looks lexactly like the dudes on TikTok and talks like them... pierced ears, heavy painted eyebrows, long extremly fluffy blonde dyed hair, allways smiling, character like if he had some "happy making drugs" and I'm heavly concerned for that YT-channel o.o

Reasons why Youtube-channels hosted by TV-stations often flop - it's the MC/host and his/her entire personality

This is why I stopped watching on of my favorite channel groups SourceFed after Reina Scully left as her personality and bubbly outlook on life literally was the main reason I watched, learning new things about anime and stuff is fun but if I want to know about it I can just do my research myself. But she made me want to watch her get into silly shenanigans with her co host Steven. After they left it just was not the same

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Bm3QzhQ.gif

• This is why I stopped watching on of my favorite channel groups SourceFed after Reina Scully left as her personality and bubbly outlook on life literally was the main reason I watched, learning new things about anime and stuff is fun but if I want to know about it I can just do my research myself. But she made me want to watch her get into silly shenanigans with her co host Steven. After they left it just was not the same

I know her! Around 2015 I watched her personal channel for like a year but than got bored by how she changed her videos after she moved around a bit (I remember she said she had to move to a noew apartment in LA or something cause people stalked her and broke into her apartment or something and after this happend her videos became kinda weird and uninteressting for me)

• I know her! Around 2015 I watched her personal channel for like a year but than got bored by how she changed her videos after she moved around a bit (I remember she said she had to move to a noew apartment in LA or something cause people stalked her and broke into her apartment or something and after this happend her videos became kinda weird and uninteressting for me)

Yea she had saesang style fans :pepe-sad: they even threatened her cats and husband. Poor girl did not deserve that. She is still super fun on her Twitch and it is funny to watch her cuss people out in Japanese but she is definitely affected by that trauma and the death threats she got from fans when she worked for Crunchyroll.... for years after Sourcefed

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Bm3QzhQ.gif

• Yea she had saesang style fans :pepe-sad: they even threatened her cats and husband. Poor girl did not deserve that. She is still super fun on her Twitch and it is funny to watch her cuss people out in Japanese but she is definitely affected by that trauma and the death threats she got from fans when she worked for Crunchyroll.... for years after Sourcefed

This sounds a bit like a German Youtuber I watch. Bevore she moved to her rescent apartment in 2019 she said after she did her roomtour people figured out where she exactly lives cause in the window of her office-room they saw the top of a curch and since they knew the city she lives in they could figured out trought the top of the curch which building she was living in and so she said oneday people begun to send her letters and a package of stuff and oneday a creepy dude sat in the hallway saying he had a crush on her and wouldn't leave the hallway of her apartmentbuilding till she confesses hos she feels and as she said "I don't even know who you are, I call the police" that man had a mental breakdown. After this her mostly elderly neighbors knew she was a "kind of celebrity" wich made it worse for her cause one older woman told her grandchildren and they than knew cause of it that "this famous youtuber" was living in the same building ... she than said she had to move cause of that cause 3 times at least strangers who are her fans stood in front of her door

• This sounds a bit like a German Youtuber I watch. Bevore she moved to her rescent apartment in 2019 she said after she did her roomtour people figured out where she exactly lives cause in the window of her office-room they saw the top of a curch and since they knew the city she lives in they could figured out trought the top of the curch which building she was living in and so she said oneday people begun to send her letters and a package of stuff and oneday a creepy dude sat in the hallway saying he had a crush on her and wouldn't leave the hallway of her apartmentbuilding till she confesses hos she feels and as she said "I don't even know who you are, I call the police" that man had a mental breakdown. After this her mostly elderly neighbors knew she was a "kind of celebrity" wich made it worse for her cause one older woman told her grandchildren and they than knew cause of it that "this famous youtuber" was living in the same building ... she than said she had to move cause of that cause 3 times at least strangers who are her fans stood in front of her door

I remember that.

That situation was so weird, some people are disgusting :pepenomad:

• This sounds a bit like a German Youtuber I watch. Bevore she moved to her rescent apartment in 2019 she said after she did her roomtour people figured out where she exactly lives cause in the window of her office-room they saw the top of a curch and since they knew the city she lives in they could figured out trought the top of the curch which building she was living in and so she said oneday people begun to send her letters and a package of stuff and oneday a creepy dude sat in the hallway saying he had a crush on her and wouldn't leave the hallway of her apartmentbuilding till she confesses hos she feels and as she said "I don't even know who you are, I call the police" that man had a mental breakdown. After this her mostly elderly neighbors knew she was a "kind of celebrity" wich made it worse for her cause one older woman told her grandchildren and they than knew cause of it that "this famous youtuber" was living in the same building ... she than said she had to move cause of that cause 3 times at least strangers who are her fans stood in front of her door

I remember that.

That situation was so weird, some people are disgusting :pepenomad:

I remember this... :pepe-sad: I wanted to hug her too

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Bm3QzhQ.gif

• I watched this genshin youtuber emmory. he had really good content and about like 100k subs i think (not sure), but then a minor in his discord opened up and said that emmory groomed her. she also had screenshots. he also sexulized (idk how to spell it) a character in genshin that was 10. and then he gave a half-hearted apology and left yt. btw he wasn't my fav, just one of the ytbers i watch.

• I liked TheQuartering channel before when it was called MTGHQ or something like that and he would just open packs. His take was of a newcomer and didn't focus that much on finance, so it was kinda endearing. He was one of the first "big" channels for opening packs for MTG. back then He was kinda naive and positive at the time. However, after he tried to promote his app (and possibly getting a tampered Urza's Saga box), he changed and start rambling and I stopped watching his videos. Pass some time and to my disdainful surprise he became a neckbeard grifter channel who only rambles about SJW bullcrap.

From the early days of YT, I watched SpoonyOne. His gaming and movies "reviews" were kinda meh and skits were cringy even at the time except for stuff that he really knew like FMV and Ultima series games. His RPG conversations are pretty good as a time capsule of early days of RPG. After that he started to post WWE rambling and the quality of the content dropped drastically till he stopped uploading. Later I found out he was wasting his time involved in twitter drama and politics and stop delivering content. I didn't follow his patreon meltdown. Just sad. His creativity just dried out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!