Red velvet was supposed to have more members. Maybe they were supposed to be female version of NCT.

• Yeri was added before red velvet's first comeback; most people believe she was always supposed to be in the group since she was featured in the happiness mv. But the happiness mv had shown the smrookies girls- Yeri; Lami; Herin and others i don't know. i think all these smrookies girls were supposed to be added to red velvet; maybe each on a comeback. irene and Seulgi were also shown as smrookies; and the smrookies boys are all part of NCT now.

Another reason is that irene was chosen as red velvet's visual at age 23. Even though she looks younger than her age; still people bring up her age often. Maybe irene was supposed to be the visual for early years then Lami would have been pushed as the visual?

Another reason is their concept Red and velvet. Red represents more energetic and youthful songs; and velvet concept songs are mature and smooth. Maybe they were supposed to become 2 subunits. Newer younger member would have been on "red" songs and older members on "velvet" songs?

Now why SM abandonded this project maybe because of debut of twice as a 9 member group which got good reception; so they decided to keep red velvet as a small group.

• > almost all remaining SM trainees were too young. it would make RV look like their mothers

> Yeri was salvaged because SM was either kicking out trainees or using them for SMNGG

> SM decided to kick out all expected trainees except Ning Ning

• > almost all remaining SM trainees were too young. it would make RV look like their mothers

> Yeri was salvaged because SM was either kicking out trainees or using them for SMNGG

> SM decided to kick out all expected trainees except Ning Ning

Yes but like i said the younger members would have been added in the "red" concept songs so they would be doing age appropriate concepts. The original members would be moved to "velvet" concepts it would have been like nct dream and nct127- same group but different subunits. Lami Hina koeun are all 2000 born i think so they could have been added in 2016 maybe.

• Yes but like i said the younger members would have been added in the "red" concept songs so they would be doing age appropriate concepts. The original members would be moved to "velvet" concepts it would have been like nct dream and nct127- same group but different subunits. Lami Hina koeun are all 2000 born i think so they could have been added in 2016 maybe.

it's all fan speculation. but from all evidence RV was just going to be a single group. Same with Aespa.

• Nope. The members were wayyyyyy too young to be added. Lami was 11-12 when rv debuted even when yeri was added Lami would've still been too young to debut.

Edit: Herin and Lami were 2002 and 2003 liners. Rv debuted basically a decade after their birth. They are way too young to debut in a 3rd gen group.

Desbundar

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!