I always wonder why GWSN couldn't find their footing

• Not talking digitals, the group direction seems to be more towards fandom rather than public. Their songs are quite loud and fast paced, a lot more than what the public seems to be into. They were def aiming for more fandom, hence the pumping out of content for fans.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They had consistent promotion and comebacks, they had a budget and their own sounds and all.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

No scandals that I know of, stayed the same concept, etc. Usually those can be a pit fall, changing concept is risky, waiting too long for a comeback and fans leave, scandals and members leaving causes losses, but none of this happened. Even by the first comeback they had lost sales. Usually for nugus they just stay at the same meager amount, not bleed.

The fact they started going downhill by the first comeback, without any of the hallmarks that you can usually correlate to losing some fandom is wild.

• I can only say the name GWSN must be one of the worst ever from marketing standpoint. More or less impossible to remember if you are not a fan. I wonder how came up with that name...

• thats the english name, they have a more searchable one for KR. it's 공원소녀

Still, doesn't it sound too derivative? Like patrik-k, I feel like their name is not the most inspired.

A shame because their last album was really good, Bazooka a great title track, one of my favorite last year. Plus I recently opened my eyes to Anne's impeccable visuals. She's so uwu. :pepe-sad:

• To stay on topic, Kiwi Pop takes ENTIRELY too long between comebacks. If they came back within 5-6 months, not 8+, I feel like their fandom could be larger.

The Park in the Night Pt. 3 is one of my favorite K-pop albums from the past few years. They have great music, good vocalists, nice visuals, but they're not being managed well.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• yeah, well let say for those that are not korean it's an impossible name...... :-P

Their korean name is GongWon SoNyeo ("park girls", or Girls in the Park) which is awfully close to WooJoo SoNyeo ("space girls", or Cosmic Girls) which itself could remind of SoNyeo ShiDae (Girl's Generation). Everything with 'girls' after SNSD basically sound pretty derivative and unimaginative imo.

• Good for you. Does not help the 99% of the international kpop fans that only seeing GWSN on Youtube. WJSN is also a fantastic bad example (Cosmic Girls).Why on earth call them WJSN instead of Costmic Girls? I always mixed GWSN and WJSN up.......

Not gonna lie, I mixed those 2 up for a while myself. Cosmic Girls is much better for an international fandom, but their Korean name (uju sonyeo) kinda rolls off the tongue.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Their korean name is GongWon SoNyeo ("park girls", or Girls in the Park) which is awfully close to WooJoo SoNyeo ("space girls", or Cosmic Girls) which itself could remind of SoNyeo ShiDae (Girl's Generation). Everything with 'girls' after SNSD basically sound pretty derivative and unimaginative imo.

haha... yeah, as I also said. Always mixed them up....

• To stay on topic, Kiwi Pop takes ENTIRELY too long between comebacks. If they came back within 5-6 months, not 8+, I feel like their fandom could be larger.

The Park in the Night Pt. 3 is one of my favorite K-pop albums from the past few years. They have great music, good vocalists, nice visuals, but they're not being managed well.

sept to march to july is about 5 months though for the first 3, and they still took a major hit

it's obvious by bazooka's mv the company had to scrap together money, which is why it took so long, and like it's hot is another budget mv.

• Not gonna lie, I mixed those 2 up for a while myself. Cosmic Girls is much better for an international fandom, but their Korean name (uju sonyeo) kinda rolls off the tongue.

Yeah both names work really well really like both Korean and English names, I agree with Alex_Murphy GWSN is a strangely uninspired name and too close to WJSN.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!