Official: Chinese government new directives ban large-scale Idol survival shows

• Survival shows in China are canceling auditions and others are changing their formats to straight-up reality shows in response to government directives currently banning large-scale idol survival shows.

This is linked to earlier news on new "standards" soon being established.

source:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well, that's what happens when people waste millions of bottles of yogurt/milk or w/e it was.

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• I'm a sucker for survival shows what a shame as the Chinese really take them to the next level

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• Interesting. Wonder if the upcoming ones will get cancelled or allowed to go ahead

if they will be straight up changed to reality shows then it means they might be fully scripted...

I'd rather have some postponed and then done with audience in stands doing live voting with clicking buttons on pilots, like they did in We Are Blazing, they can also add some panels of journalists/jury/mentors and it will make a score.

I've heard also that they are trying to make it in the future in a way that for example each trainee will have fancam and then fancam will be "paid" content. The ones with most views might move to next rounds.

External Content www.youtube.com

• The Street Dance of China is coming up (this already scheduled for broadcast) and there is a male version of "Sisters Who Make Waves" (Bros Who Make Waves?) that is supposed to start soon.

If those go on as planned then it really comes down to the money involved in the voting for YWY and Chuang. Creating groups in shows is okay but the voting method involving vast amounts of money is not.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• I always wondered about the economics of these shows, especially Chuang. Never mind the expensive stages but just housing and feeding 100 trainees for three months must have been astronomical.

And Chuang rented out whole resorts or islands in 2020 and 2021.

44E802BB-925E-4969-A104-1AD662B565A5.jpeg

F28D9C7B-68E0-4F30-A587-50CA9CB9057B.jpeg

2522D126-ADCB-4A6F-9433-7C1B73BEB847.jpg

92C3D82A-D6F9-43BF-A130-D8374B62E149.jpeg

The expenses must be through the roof and so must have been the sponsorships.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Maybe the resort was shut down because of Corona? Idk, just a guess

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• Still a major shame -- I still wonder why the Chinese government did that.

It has been more obvious after the govt set up something called qinglang (new culture committee) to observe fans' behaviors online and many weibo accounts either massively fundraising or spreading hateful speeches have been deleted.

Idol survival shows aroused stunning fundraising, up to $3m for a top contestant, and slandering campaigns to clear promising contestants off the way of ones' faves.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!