Posts by Yan20

South Korea is one of the strictest countries in the World when it comes to the Internet and limiting media. Literally every South Korean newspaper serves at the will of the Government, the Government can legally shut down any agent by simply refusing to renew their licence.

They are one of the worst rated countries in the World for both Press Freedom and Internet Freedom and Privacy, and the fact that more people do not know this is sometimes very worrying

Damn, this chinese wumao isn't even doing a good job of being obtuse like the others XD

The fact that they are even on a kpop forum is irony. China supported North Korea, not South Korea. Technically they should be haters of kpop lol

They need to constantly practice cognitive dissonance to keep their sanity i guess.

I couldn't imagine not being able to separate music from politics. Its not the South Koreans fault they became a US colony.

try going to china and shouting tiananmen square in front of the police station a few times.

If they killed no one and ended the protest peacefully, how would they react?

They still react with handcuffs. At the best an officer is going to scold you. At worst you get arrested for inciting violence and thrown in jail. Its an open secret as to what they did, how many they killed.

No they don't. I have spoken about Tiananmen on Weibo, and I have spoken about it to Chinese people whilst in China.

Your conflating two different things tho. It’s a genocide versus mass-imprisonment, forced labor, and a police state to squash dissent. The Myanmar military was burning whole villages to the ground, the Rohingya had a choice of staying without a home with a chance of being killed or fleeing.

China’s goal is to reform the Uyghurs and to do so quietly. They aren’t mass slaughtering them and burning homes. They are abducting, imprisoning, and forcing compliance as the only avenue for release.

But they're not. There is no evidence of concentration camps, no evidence of forced labour, no evidence of mass imprisonment. The Uyghur population is growing.

And, you seriously think that people still wouldn't flee a life of mass imprisonment?

There are Chinese Uyghurs who have escaped and state they’ve had no communication with loved ones in the region and have no idea if they are alive or not.

There is a ton of independent journalist reporting this. Not to mention videos of young men being taken at night in Xinjiang. I could go on and on.

And I could debunk all of it. But the simplest possible evidence to exist, is that during the Myanmar Rohingya genocide crisis, that only effected 300,000 Muslims, there was a HUGE displacement issue. People fled, hundreds of thousands of people.

The Xinjiang "crisis", affecting over half of its population, has lead to some dozens of individuals, somehow being able to escape camps where people go to "die" and flee? No mass displacement? No movement of people out of the region?

China STILL has a dissent problem, are you living in another world? Hong Kong? Taiwan?

They are a oppressive state. China would have a dissent problem right now with Uyghurs if they weren’t institutionalizing the population, so i’m sorry if it’s believable that China cracked down hard enough on the dissenters that they stopped.

Hong Kong was also a small US backed protest movement, that has pretty much ended? And was also the fault of the British. Had Hong Kong never been stolen from China, it would not have existed.

Uyghurs are a free minority, living happy lives all over China. in Xinjiang there is a high Government satisfaction rate. The West has decided that Xinjiang is their new target of propaganda.

From what i’m seeing, it looked like very little if any deaths actually happened at Tiananmen Square, but in the surrounding streets after/during the crackdown.

Also i love how you completely placing blame on the US which is kinda negating your other points by making you look like a propagandist. Not questioning the validating of Operation Yellowbird but that compressing a very complex event (from what i’ve read) into purely America paid chinese militants to fight so they could be extradited sounds loony.

It’s not like, China has a real dissent problem and fighting broke out because of that. But no, just blame America. Both can be correct, but your ruining your argument for acting like China was 100% squeaky clean.

If China had a real dissent problem, it would be a recurring issue. Not, days of peaceful protests followed by a very sudden escalation in violence, that immediately died out of after protest leaders were extradited, and then came fabrication about a massacre at the square.

Every document that has been leaked, ever Government communication that was revealed by Wikileaks, shows it was a sudden and very unexpected escalation. Normally Governments are on top of movements of dissent, they have access to a wealth of information on them. How did this slip through the cracks?

And why would there be such a huge fabrication of claims concerning a massacre? Shouldn't people be celebrating the fact there was no massacre?

Although I understand your point, and take it on board.

Are we arguing over whether it should be classified as a massacre or not, or are you claiming no one died?

Nobody died AT Tiananmen Square. There were between 200-300 casualties over the protests across the entire country, with roughly 220 of them being police officers and soldiers: https://www.counterpunch.org/2…nmen-the-empires-big-lie/

The students in other parts of the country were often violent and ruthless. The fake narrative that his was about "freedom, and democracy" is atrocious.

Soldiers were unarmed, and a Government document leak by WikiLeaks revealed that although the military wanted to use weapons, the Government strictly BANNED the military from firing guns at students

img_4658

Nobody expected the protests to escalate like they did, soldiers and protesters exchanged food, had singing competitions and danced together in the streets. The deaths that did occur are due to a US CIA Operation, called Operation Yellowbird, in which the CIA paid militarists in China to shoot at police, in exchange for their extradition to America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellowbird

https://www.qiaocollective.com…tion/tiananmenreadinglist

Claims of deaths came years after the protests. At the time, including reports from American reporters who were present DURING the protests, found there was no military or police violence, and no deaths.

https://archives.cjr.org/behin…the_myth_of_tiananmen.php

https://worldaffairs.blog/2019…ction-and-propaganda/amp/

Even a WikiLeaks reveal, which are well known for exposing Government secrets, could find NO evidence of a massacre: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/ne…-Square-cables-claim.html

Also from the Japan Times, worth noting Japan is historically Anti-China, but had a delegation present in Tiananmen when the protests happened, and so were able to comment on the issue pretty well: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/o…d-tiananmen/#.XqcbqmAkphG

Fabricating a massacre at Tiananmen is just abhorrent. Perhaps the Government should not have shut down the protests, I agree, but to claim there was a massacre just to paint a negative picture of the Government, is throwing across the message as though protestors should have died for it to be a real protest.

A Spanish film crew filmed the entire protests and released them in a documentary, including when the square was cleared. They filmed and saw no murder, no brutality and no deaths;

• External Content www.youtube.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    • External Content www.youtube.com
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From NYTimes: https://www.washingtonpost.com…7/14/gIQAhF1MEI_blog.html

The Protest Leader stating she wished the Chinese Government killed protestors to help promote their movement, and that she was frustrated they reacted peacefully to the protests:

External Content www.youtube.com

The Protest Leader asking protestors to incite violence, in the hopes the police would respond violently:

External Content www.youtube.com

The man who took the Tank Man photo, also said there was no massacre, his name is Garou Hidalgo

CBS News: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t…nmen-square-massacre/#app

I would have to strongly disagree with your opinion

I agree not all Americans is for the political identity or status they are living with even in mainland US, whoever NOT consider themselves American finds his way not to be one, this happens in every country so as China. those wanted to stay stayed which applied as well to Peurto Rico and Hawaii, ALL Peurto Ricans and Hawaiians dont think themselves American neither their lands one of the US states or autonomy is exaggerated BS , after give and take measured most have decided to stay with the US in status quo ,a demonstration of majority's will, the US has found her way to make peace with most of them otherwise it would have turned a serous mess long way back.

A key word string brought up - China is attempting to alleviate the situation, not a bad intention from the administrators. Tibet, Xingjiang, inner Mongolia, HK, call that different problems from the US's? I dont think the West or US demonized China fully about things handled in these places. What do you reckon jobs have been done by far...anything can be improved?

If you were one of citizens in Taiwan saw all the above happened what would you relate?

I can't imagine how citizens of Taiwan would feel, for I am not one. I could assume they would be disapproving of it, as we have both acknowledged, Taiwanese people do not feel as connected to the mainland Government. And no, I say that is a foolish assumption. It is well known the majority of Haiwaiian and Puerto Rican citizens are not happy with how the US Government claims them.

I don't think;

A) It is the West's place to "demonize" or interfere within Chinese internal affairs.

B) China is doing anything in these regions worth "demonizing".