If SM debuts NCT-Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam, how will they actually work?

• Will they be like WayV, being non-korean groups, performing their own language and korean version on korean music shows? Or will they solely focus on their domestic markets? I'm struggling to figure out how they will work on the three SEAsian markets?

• a viet group wouldn't work (for reasons you probably already stated). idol groups don't fit Indonesian culture (their akb48 clone group had to cut members because the group is slowly dying)

Even though thai culture is gaining traction in SEA countries beyond its bordering countries, a unit dedicated to the country would be pointless. Plus i don't think SM would hire someone that has SEA blood. Ten is pure chinese. Only JYP and YG would!

• They'll follow the NCT/WayV format if they happen. That means appearances on Korean shows for promotion. A Big 3 group will promote on Korean television. For SM not to on any of their groups would mean a dimishment of their status.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• they will be something like those AKB48 sister groups in other countries

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SM literally hired Lucas.

Even so. They held auditions in these countries a while back and none of them even made the Aespa lineup! that should tell you they really can't be bothered!

and I don't really expect them to either because the only countries that have an obligation to give us representation is our very own.

• I'm struggling to figure out how they will work on the three SEAsian markets?

Don't worry, that ain't gonna happen.

- No sign of a preparation for Vietnam unit

- A sign of Thailand unit cancellation, NCT stopped putting Thai subtitle onto newer Youtube contents.

Most likely, only Indonesian unit is being processed.

• Don't worry, that ain't gonna happen.

- No sign of a preparation for Vietnam unit

- A sign of Thailand unit cancellation, NCT stopped putting Thai subtitle onto newer Youtube contents.

Most likely, only Indonesian unit is being processed.

lol damn thats cold.

and NCT Japan is more likely but if NCT Hollywood fails, then they may as well can all of them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!