You Know It Is Funny When

• People say that Blackpink are just another version of 2ne1 because they have the same "girl crush" concept. Girl crush is a label that people just slap on anything that isn't cute,mature or sexy. I don't think people understand something from the same concept can be something totally different. I mean is Ariana Grande the "prettier" version of Mariah Carey because she can hit high notes? No! Ariana is Ariana and Mariah is Mariah. Same with Blackpink and 2ne1. Blackpink is Blackpink and 2ne1 is 2ne1. Any normal person can figure out that they are two different groups. For example, 2ne1 has more of a hip hop influence to them than Blackpink. And this whole comparison thing is not just with Blackpink. It is also with other groups too. For example, ITZY, Aespa and basically any group that has a "girl crush" concept. A lot of people complained that Aespa had the "generic girl crush concept" but then they gave you the Aespa episode. Anyone that watches that video will realize that they are not like "every other girl crush concept". Aespa is one of the many examples that coming from the same concept does not necessarily mean they are the same. The meaning of girl crush is something that shows confident and fierce woman in an empowering theme. Yet almost all the "girl crush" groups have constantly went off this theme many times. For example, Blackpink Ice cream(pretty explainable) and Lovesick Girls(shows their vulnerable sides), Playing With Fire(talks about their love), Stay(holding on to lost/losing love), As If It Is Your Last(I guess you can label this as cute). And I know people are going to say that 2ne1's not girl crush songs sound like Blackpink's songs that aren't girl crush. Well lets look at one of them. Come Back Home, a song that shows vulnerability and while you are listening to it then they hit you with the come baby come come baby(listen to the song if you don't know what I mean). Basically, just because something has the same concept doesn't mean that it is a another version or copy of something. Because if we took that literally, then everything in this world would be a copy. Including you.

Thank you for reading my TedTalk.

• I guess we all should take everything YG says as facts then.

You can if you want, I am not going to. I am simply pointing that the premise of you whole paragraph, that BP are said to be a copy of 2NE1 just because they both are girlcrush is kind of false. So if I were you I would adressed the arguments that are actually being used for instance by showing examples of YG lying about the description of the groups of the company.

• You can if you want, I am not going to. I am simply pointing that the premise of you whole paragraph, that BP are said to be a copy of 2NE1 just because they both are girlcrush is kind of false. So if I were you I would adressed the arguments that are actually being used for instance by showing examples of YG lying about the description of the groups of the company.

I think you may want to look at where majority of it comes from. Most people don't know that YG said that about Blackpink and just jump on the bandwagon of Blackpink is a copy of 2ne1.

• Well, when it comes to his own groups, it's hard to deny that he knows what he's talking about at least a little bit. He's not a random schmuck.

Sadly he's not and that's why we listen to him when he speaks because when he says he's doing some sketch things and pitting his idols against each other that's usually how it goes 🤨 I wish we could laugh him off as some schmuck sometimes.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• Sadly he's not and that's why we listen to him when he speaks because when he says he's doing some sketch things and pitting his idols against each other that's usually how it goes 🤨 I wish we could laugh him off as some schmuck sometimes.

Well, there's a lot of things to point out when we look at 2NE1 and BP. Same company, same producer. 2NE1 ended almost exactly when BP started. The dots are easy to connect. It doesn't mean BP is a carbon copy of 2NE1. But I think it's quite obvious YGE used the experience they got with 2NE1 to shape Blackpink the way they are.

• Well, there's a lot of things to point out when we look at 2NE1 and BP. Same company, same producer. 2NE1 ended almost exactly when BP started. The dots are easy to connect. It doesn't mean BP is a carbon copy of 2NE1. But I think it's quite obvious YGE used the experience they got with 2NE1 to shape Blackpink the way they are.

Yes I agree and that's why while I see where people can compare the two I feel like that kinda discredits all 8 of the womens' hard work. 😑 I wish he never said stuff like that and made better decisions so it would not be so easy for the fandoms to constantly go to war. They both are great and have earned their place as greats in the history of the genre and bringing KPop mainstream

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• People say that Blackpink are just another version of 2ne1 because they have the same "girl crush" concept. Girl crush is a label that people just slap on anything that isn't cute,mature or sexy. I don't think people understand something from the same concept can be something totally different. I mean is Ariana Grande the "prettier" version of Mariah Carey because she can hit high notes? No! Ariana is Ariana and Mariah is Mariah. Same with Blackpink and 2ne1. Blackpink is Blackpink and 2ne1 is 2ne1. Any normal person can figure out that they are two different groups. For example, 2ne1 has more of a hip hop influence to them than Blackpink. And this whole comparison thing is not just with Blackpink. It is also with other groups too. For example, ITZY, Aespa and basically any group that has a "girl crush" concept. A lot of people complained that Aespa had the "generic girl crush concept" but then they gave you the Aespa episode. Anyone that watches that video will realize that they are not like "every other girl crush concept". Aespa is one of the many examples that coming from the same concept does not necessarily mean they are the same. The meaning of girl crush is something that shows confident and fierce woman in an empowering theme. Yet almost all the "girl crush" groups have constantly went off this theme many times. For example, Blackpink Ice cream(pretty explainable) and Lovesick Girls(shows their vulnerable sides), Playing With Fire(talks about their love), Stay(holding on to lost/losing love), As If It Is Your Last(I guess you can label this as cute). And I know people are going to say that 2ne1's not girl crush songs sound like Blackpink's songs that aren't girl crush. Well lets look at one of them. Come Back Home, a song that shows vulnerability and while you are listening to it then they hit you with the come baby come come baby(listen to the song if you don't know what I mean). Basically, just because something has the same concept doesn't mean that it is a another version or copy of something. Because if we took that literally, then everything in this world would be a copy. Including you.

Thank you for reading my TedTalk.

Good words :yesr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!