Jessie J bisexual drama - what's your opinion?

• I wish people would stop putting themselves in boxes and just love who you want to without having to label it

I've dated men and women but I've never come out as bi because I am human: I love people for who they are and not for what anatomy they have

• Wait really! I thought when a straight person has a change in sexuality it was a change. Like you were straight but now you are gay. This is so confusing.

Your sexuality can only change if you have a fluid sexuality.

But if you don't have a fluid sexuality, your sexuality stays the same through your entire life.

• I feel like people use that same argument about sexuality being able to be changed to claim that things like homosexuality conversion therapy work, which obviously isn't the case... I'm not sure if sexuality truly is fluid because if it was, then wouldn't that argument actually be valid? All homophobes could use that argument that you could just change your sexuality in order to become straight to claim that conversion therapy works. Idk I don't really know.. I guess it could be different for everyone, but I feel like the LGBT community has fought so hard to convey the idea that sexuality is not a choice and that's why people should be accepting.. If it's fluid, that kind of dissolves the argument doesn't it?

• I feel like people use that same argument about sexuality being able to be changed to claim that things like homosexuality conversion therapy work, which obviously isn't the case... I'm not sure if sexuality truly is fluid because if it was, then wouldn't that argument actually be valid? All homophobes could use that argument that you could just change your sexuality in order to become straight to claim that conversion therapy works. Idk I don't really know.. I guess it could be different for everyone, but I feel like the LGBT community has fought so hard to convey the idea that sexuality is not a choice and that's why people should be accepting.. If it's fluid, that kind of dissolves the argument doesn't it?

Sexuality can change over time but naturally, you cannot force it. If it happens it just happens. I only liked women for a while but in college got more and more attracted to men as well. However when I was trying to force myself to like men in high school it failed

• Sexuality can change over time but naturally, you cannot force it. If it happens it just happens. I only liked women for a while but in college got more and more attracted to men as well. However when I was trying to force myself to like men in high school it failed

When you were into women, did the thought of a woman's vagina, breasts and butt turn you on, or just the general idea of being in a relationship with one?

• one never truly knows in these situations because it's impossible to understand how each human behaves.

people's feelings and attractions can change which is normal since humans are unpredictable...

now to jessie j's use of the word phase...

well the question is what other word should she have used instead? she maybe was bi and did feel attracted to both sexes but maybe after she experienced it she didn't like it or whatever...

Sexuality really can change FOR SOME PEOPLE. I never said it can for all people, but for some it can, and people should accept that! If a person's sexuality changed, should they lie and say that it didn't? Obviously I don't support conversion therapy, and the fact that you even came to that conclusion is disgusting. Having a fluid sexuality and speaking about it isn't related to supporting conversion therapy. :cursing:

• Sexuality really can change FOR SOME PEOPLE. I never said it can for all people, but for some it can, and people should accept that! If a person's sexuality changed, should they lie and say that it didn't? Obviously I don't support conversion therapy, and the fact that you even came to that conclusion is disgusting. Having a fluid sexuality and speaking about it isn't related to supporting conversion therapy. :cursing:

I never said you did, I just said that the idea of sexuality being fluid (which you're bringing up as valid) kind of validates the notion that conversion therapy could work because it's saying that sexuality is able to be changed.. I'm definitely not coming for you or anything.. I don't want to invalidate anyone's experiences and of course only the person themselves knows their own sexuality, and if it changes for them in life, then only they can know and say that, but I'm just making the point that the LGBT community has fought hard to say people should be accepting of the LGBT community literally because they didn't choose this life, sexuality is not a choice and therefore no one should hate on someone for something out of their control.

• I never said you did, I just said that the idea of sexuality being fluid (which you're bringing up as valid) kind of validates the notion that conversion therapy could work because it's saying that sexuality is able to be changed.. I'm definitely not coming for you or anything.. I don't want to invalidate anyone's experiences and of course only the person themselves knows their own sexuality, and if it changes for them in life, then only they can know and say that, but I'm just making the point that the LGBT community has fought hard to say people should be accepting of the LGBT community literally because they didn't choose this life, sexuality is not a choice and therefore no one should hate on someone for something out of their control.

Conversion therapy will never work, since it forces you to change your sexuality unnaturally.

For people with a fluid sexuality, their sexuality changes over time naturally. It's not forced upon them.

And of course sexuality isn't a choice. People with a fluid sexuality don't choose their sexuality. NOBODY can choose their sexuality. If you're fluid, it literally changes by itself, not because you choose it.

• There is not such thing as fluid sexuality, at least not in the way many might think of it. Those who can be considered sexually fluid are those who haven’t really found out their true sexuality. Their orientation isn’t changing, they were just not really sure about what they really are.

If someone changed his sexual orientation at some point in their life, it was because they weren’t aware of their true orientation back than and therefore just changed the label after knowing it better.

A study has found out that most people know their true sexual orientation in their 20s after having more liberations and giving the chance to explore. Also long relationships at a young age can limit your sexual exploration.

Women are more likely to be bi or open to same sex encounters then men.

Also having sex with the same sex doesn’t make you gay or bi ( which many automatically assume at first). There is a difference between sexual orientation and behavior.

Jessie J was probably in an exploration phase and without really being aware of her true orientation stated that she is bi. Probably the reason she called it a phase. But in reality she was just experimenting.

• how old was she then?

maybe she was just one of those girls who wanted to try this or that with another girl, to check how it is...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Some people feel like their sexuality is fluid though. And unless you're fluid yourself, you can't really say they're wrong. Since you don't know how they feel.

• Some people feel like their sexuality is fluid though. And unless you're fluid yourself, you can't really say they're wrong. Since you don't know how they feel.

How you feel and scientific facts are two different things. I’m not the one who is saying they are wrong. They ain’t wrong about how they feel, but fluid sexuality the way it’s described here doesn’t exist, don’t fight me, fight those who research about these things as a profession 🤷🏽‍♀️.

It’s still a Theory and there are no scientific evidence for it. Maybe we will get more information about this in 10 years time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!