Jessie J bisexual drama - what's your opinion?

• Okay so this is old news from 2014 https://www.theguardian.com/mu…inger-coming-out-response

Basically Jessie J got cancelled for identifying as bisexual, but then calling it a phase and identifying as straight.

Personally, I believe she could've worded it better, instead of calling it a phase. Sexuality can change, nothing weird about that. I personally relate. I've been bi my entire life, but lately, I've felt my bisexuality fading. I no longer want to sleep with women, and that's okay! We should normalize that for some people, sexuality CAN change! But like I said, her choice of words was strange.

I know a lot of people attacked her and said stuff like "You can't change your sexuality! You're born that way!" but they fail to realize that sexuality can be fluid for a lot of people. They might identify as something, but then 10 years later they feel completely different. It doesn't mean they're confused. Sexuality can genuinely change for some.

• sexuality is fluid (to some degree?) yes, but the way she worded it pushed the idea that bisexuality was a lifestyle not a real sexuality. Anyways, its old and people grow and learn, hope she's happy.

I stan BIBI and that makes me a bullet. You don't stan BIBI, and that makes you a flop.

• sexuality is fluid yes, but the way she worded it pushed the idea that bisexuality was a lifestyle not a real sexuality. Anyways, its old and people grow and learn, hope she's happy.

True, but I guess a lot of people today also feel obligated to fit into certain boxes. Some might've came out as gay, but then a few years later they feel like a another sexuality describes them better, but they feel scared of coming out again. For a lot of people, it's a taboo topic. I guess that's why many celebs don't want to state their sexuality. They don't want a similar scandal as Jessie J.

• True, but I guess a lot of people today also feel obligated to fit into certain boxes. Some might've came out as gay, but then a few years later they feel like a another sexuality describes them better, but they feel scared of coming out again. For a lot of people, it's a taboo topic. I guess that's why many celebs don't want to state their sexuality. They don't want a similar scandal as Jessie J.

yeah maybe its about that, the boxes and standards. she was still off on her point but what can you expect? humans make mistakes

I stan BIBI and that makes me a bullet. You don't stan BIBI, and that makes you a flop.

• Wait really! I thought when a straight person has a change in sexuality it was a change. Like you were straight but now you are gay. This is so confusing.

Your sexuality can only change if you have a fluid sexuality.

But if you don't have a fluid sexuality, your sexuality stays the same through your entire life.

• I feel like people use that same argument about sexuality being able to be changed to claim that things like homosexuality conversion therapy work, which obviously isn't the case... I'm not sure if sexuality truly is fluid because if it was, then wouldn't that argument actually be valid? All homophobes could use that argument that you could just change your sexuality in order to become straight to claim that conversion therapy works. Idk I don't really know.. I guess it could be different for everyone, but I feel like the LGBT community has fought so hard to convey the idea that sexuality is not a choice and that's why people should be accepting.. If it's fluid, that kind of dissolves the argument doesn't it?

• I feel like people use that same argument about sexuality being able to be changed to claim that things like homosexuality conversion therapy work, which obviously isn't the case... I'm not sure if sexuality truly is fluid because if it was, then wouldn't that argument actually be valid? All homophobes could use that argument that you could just change your sexuality in order to become straight to claim that conversion therapy works. Idk I don't really know.. I guess it could be different for everyone, but I feel like the LGBT community has fought so hard to convey the idea that sexuality is not a choice and that's why people should be accepting.. If it's fluid, that kind of dissolves the argument doesn't it?

Sexuality can change over time but naturally, you cannot force it. If it happens it just happens. I only liked women for a while but in college got more and more attracted to men as well. However when I was trying to force myself to like men in high school it failed

𝒮𝐻𝐼𝒩𝑒𝑒 - 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 - 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇 - 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶 𝒳 - 𝒯𝒳𝒯
    bc111298b0ed2122b85abacd3dd316a67cbc05d8.gifv

• Sexuality can change over time but naturally, you cannot force it. If it happens it just happens. I only liked women for a while but in college got more and more attracted to men as well. However when I was trying to force myself to like men in high school it failed

When you were into women, did the thought of a woman's vagina, breasts and butt turn you on, or just the general idea of being in a relationship with one?

• When you were into women, did the thought of a woman's vagina, breasts and butt turn you on, or just the general idea of being in a relationship with one?

I'm asexual so really just the general idea of being in a relationship though women are super pretty :lover1:

𝒮𝐻𝐼𝒩𝑒𝑒 - 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 - 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇 - 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶 𝒳 - 𝒯𝒳𝒯
    bc111298b0ed2122b85abacd3dd316a67cbc05d8.gifv

• one never truly knows in these situations because it's impossible to understand how each human behaves.

people's feelings and attractions can change which is normal since humans are unpredictable...

now to jessie j's use of the word phase...

well the question is what other word should she have used instead? she maybe was bi and did feel attracted to both sexes but maybe after she experienced it she didn't like it or whatever...

Sexuality really can change FOR SOME PEOPLE. I never said it can for all people, but for some it can, and people should accept that! If a person's sexuality changed, should they lie and say that it didn't? Obviously I don't support conversion therapy, and the fact that you even came to that conclusion is disgusting. Having a fluid sexuality and speaking about it isn't related to supporting conversion therapy. :cursing:

• Sexuality really can change FOR SOME PEOPLE. I never said it can for all people, but for some it can, and people should accept that! If a person's sexuality changed, should they lie and say that it didn't? Obviously I don't support conversion therapy, and the fact that you even came to that conclusion is disgusting. Having a fluid sexuality and speaking about it isn't related to supporting conversion therapy. :cursing:

I never said you did, I just said that the idea of sexuality being fluid (which you're bringing up as valid) kind of validates the notion that conversion therapy could work because it's saying that sexuality is able to be changed.. I'm definitely not coming for you or anything.. I don't want to invalidate anyone's experiences and of course only the person themselves knows their own sexuality, and if it changes for them in life, then only they can know and say that, but I'm just making the point that the LGBT community has fought hard to say people should be accepting of the LGBT community literally because they didn't choose this life, sexuality is not a choice and therefore no one should hate on someone for something out of their control.

• I never said you did, I just said that the idea of sexuality being fluid (which you're bringing up as valid) kind of validates the notion that conversion therapy could work because it's saying that sexuality is able to be changed.. I'm definitely not coming for you or anything.. I don't want to invalidate anyone's experiences and of course only the person themselves knows their own sexuality, and if it changes for them in life, then only they can know and say that, but I'm just making the point that the LGBT community has fought hard to say people should be accepting of the LGBT community literally because they didn't choose this life, sexuality is not a choice and therefore no one should hate on someone for something out of their control.

Conversion therapy will never work, since it forces you to change your sexuality unnaturally.

For people with a fluid sexuality, their sexuality changes over time naturally. It's not forced upon them.

And of course sexuality isn't a choice. People with a fluid sexuality don't choose their sexuality. NOBODY can choose their sexuality. If you're fluid, it literally changes by itself, not because you choose it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!